Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Help me choose some songs for DS's birthday slideshow

I have a couple that I like, but I'm not sure they really are exactly what I'm looking for. So I'm looking for some more suggestions so I have a few I can pick and choose from.

A couple that I have so far, just to give you an example of my taste: 

Borne - The Guide

Plain White T's - Rhythm of Love

Regina Spektor - The Call

Ok, gimme what you got! 

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Help me choose some songs for DS's birthday slideshow

• Options
    We are doing the standard selection - Let them be Little - sure to make all grandma's cry. Nah, seriously I tried to be more creative just couldn't think of anything, and I wanted it to be somewhat sentimental. I'm about 3/4 of the way done and it's coming out great. Good luck! We are doing ours as a surprise to the family that day. :))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Safe and Sound by Matthew West (This is beautiful.  I'm using it for the first song)

Blessed by Martina McBride

My Wish by Rascal Flatts

I'm also using It Won't Be Like This For Long by Darius Rucker, but it probably wouldn't work as well for you because it's about a daughter.  Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins and He's My Son by Mark Schultz are also very nice.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegrlmom16:
    We are doing the standard selection - Let them be Little - sure to make all grandma's cry. Nah, seriously I tried to be more creative just couldn't think of anything, and I wanted it to be somewhat sentimental. I'm about 3/4 of the way done and it's coming out great. Good luck! We are doing ours as a surprise to the family that day. :))

Ours is also going to be a surprise.  DD is having a moderate size party at our house.  I can't decide if I just want to show it to the grandparents, or close family, or to everyone.  My fear is that I'll be so used to working on it, and editing, and so on that I'll be indifferent on the day of her party when I show it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I made a slideshow for my sons bday party coming up this Saturday.  I am using Brad Paisley...Anything like me (I almost cry everytime I hear this song).  I am also using Little Guy by Gord Bamford.  Let them be little is good too. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    imagecaprocornia:

imagegrlmom16:

Ours is also going to be a surprise.  DD is having a moderate size party at our house.  I can't decide if I just want to show it to the grandparents, or close family, or to everyone.  My fear is that I'll be so used to working on it, and editing, and so on that I'll be indifferent on the day of her party when I show it. 

We are also having a smallish party here too, mainly family w/ some friends. I'm going to show it to everyone b/c I can't resist. :) I know what you mean though, I watch it at least once a day!

• Options
    wjvwjv member

Baby Mine version by Alison Kraus...makes me want to cry everytime I hear it!! It has to be her version though...its just such a pretty song!!!

Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wjvwjv member

and this is kinda corny, but what about a portion of season of love from rent...like this:

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
    Six Hundred Minutes
    Moments so dear
    Six Hundred Minutes
    How Do You Measure - Measure A Year?
    In Daylights - In Sunsets
    In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
    In Inches - In Miles
    In Laughter - In Strife

In - Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
    Six Hundred Minutes
    How Do You Measure
    A Year In The Life?

How About Love?
    How About Love?
    How About Love?
    Measure In Love

More lyrics: https://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/rent/#share

Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What program on the computer are you using to put the pictures and music together?
  • Options

imagekellelle01:
    What program on the computer are you using to put the pictures and music together?

Windows Movie Maker. It actually is pretty easy to figure out and use. You can do video clips and pictures too, which I am doing. And you can add cool effects to the clips, like old timey movie grain and stuff. It's pretty neat, and free! I'm planning on burning this to a DVD to save for DS when he gets older. I think I'd like to do one every year, even if it's corny. 

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageKatieGraceB:

imagekellelle01:

Windows Movie Maker. It actually is pretty easy to figure out and use. You can do video clips and pictures too, which I am doing. And you can add cool effects to the clips, like old timey movie grain and stuff. It's pretty neat, and free! I'm planning on burning this to a DVD to save for DS when he gets older. I think I'd like to do one every year, even if it's corny. 

I was just telling my husband today I wanted to do one every year, then on her 18th bday have one w/ a few pics from each of her past 18 years...he thinks I'm corny too but I don't care. :-)

• Options

This is a great thread, I needed some more suggestions!  So far, here's what we've got:

Come rain or come shine (our wedding song)
    I'll be there - Jackson 5
    Somewhere over the rainbow - the hawaiian version
    Even if it breaks your heart - Will Hoge
    Good Vibrations - Beach boys

How long are your videos going to be?  Mine is 12 minutes so far and I have another month and a half of her life to add to it!  I'm worried everyone will get tired of watching it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"