March 2012 Moms

Crafty Ladies?

Has anyone started knitting/crocheting/sewing stuff for your future LO? 

I love browsing ravelry looking at those newborn cocoons and hats. Can't wait to start one, I just have to make a special trip to the yarn store to get exactly what I want.  

Re: Crafty Ladies?

• salt78salt78 member
    I like to knit, but I'm terrible at it so I doubt I'll be able to make anything complicated myself. I do make handmade fabric flowers that I use in jewelry and headbands though, so if we end up having a girl, I'm sure she will always have a flower on her head. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i learned to crochet after DS was born so I could make him a pumpkin hat, lol! I LOVED looking at all the stuff on ravelry. I'll probably make something once I pass the m/s stage. Right now I feel too crappy to do anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • I probably won't start crocheting the baby's blanket until second tri (superstitious).  The only thing I have done so far is put together my pregnancy book.  I bought a moleskine sketch book, decorated the outside of it and started the first page.  I have pictures 6w-9w to go in there but I will probably wait until second tri to put those in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't knit but I'm def going to make custom onesies!
  • I'm not about to knit or crochet, I will probably make a needlepoint but until I'm out of the first tri. I can't wait to tell my MIL as she is an amazing crocheter, she makes some the prettiest blankets I've ever seen. Since we're going to be team green I think I'm going to ask her to make a shamrock hat for our March baby.

• I have a project list, but I haven't started anything yet.
    BFP #1 - 01/10; Missed M/C @ 9 Weeks

BFP #2 - 08/10; Blighted Ovum @ 8 Weeks

BFP #3 - 06/11 - It's a GIRL! EDD March 8 Lilypie Maternity tickers

• denaebdenaeb member
    I've knitted a blanket (started that before I got preggers), a hat and a couple pairs of booties.  I have a few sweater pattersn but it's too hot to knit right now!
  • imageadorkablechick:
    I have a project list, but I haven't started anything yet.

this.

• My DH asked me what I did with his wife the other day.  I came home with a pile of knitting and crocheting books from the library and have no idea how to knit!  I figure I might as well learn.  There is a yarn store close to me, so I am going to look into lessons first.  I do have a sewing book on hold to go check out which has projects for the nursery.  I'll probably tackle that first, since I already know how to use my machine.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• not going to start anything yet until we find out the sex.  i knitted a blankie and some booties for LO#1 and crocheted her a larger blanket but have never been very good at clothes.  but i've never heard of this ravelry site before, and i'm getting excited just browsing that i might have to start something soon!  i wish it weren't so darned hot in florida - i could be more pursued to work on layette if i knew they would get more use!
  • I love to crochet and will most likely crochet a few blankets/hats for LO once we find out the gender.  And thanks so much for mentioning the ravelry site! I haven't heard of it before and it is amazing!
  • I love to sew so I'm dying to make something.I might sew a blanket or something soon. 
  • Yup!  I've been knitting since I was 4 and have recently gotten into crocheting and sewing.  So far I've only sewn a nursing cover.  I've made and sold several hats, cocoons, and slings in the past couple months and have yet to knit or crochet anything for the baby but I have the patterns that I bought off of etsy for pretty cheap.  When/if we find out what our baby is, I can't wait to get some handspun yarn to make a cute hat with.
  • I've been practicing crocheting in the round so I can make little hats.  I bought some cute patterns on easy that I can't wait to start.  I think I'm going to make a few for my friends who are pg since they already know boy/girl and once I know what we're having I can start making stuff for my LO.

LOVE ETSY. 

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"