April 2011 Moms

so surprised by STTN numbers!

I knew that many ladies had good sleepers but good grief!  My LO usually gives me 4-6 (usually closer to 4.5) hours in the first stretch, then wakes up every 3 hours on the dot after that for feedings.  He goes back to sleep quickly after those feedings but still.  I can't believe that I am in such a small minority on this board.  I am hoping that those with lighter sleepers just didn't post on that poll and I am not one of the only ones! 

I honestly can't believe there will be a day when I can sleep for 7+ uninterrupted hours!

Oh and we breastfeed but have to supp with around 8 oz a day due to supply issues.

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
After two losses, third time was a charm.
pm me for blog link

Re: so surprised by STTN numbers!

• My LO made HUGE strides between 3 and 4 months to get to where we are right now. Also, even though she sleeps 9 or so hours, she goes to bed around 7, so I end up with only 4 or 5 hours of sleep since I can never manage to get to bed early... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• My kid sounds like yours! She'll be 4 months on the 8th so I'm hoping it gets better....
  • Loading the player...
  • We have been very blessed with a great night sleeper, but he is a really crappy napper during the day.  He started the great night sleeping around 3 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekestock120:
    We have been very blessed with a great night sleeper, but he is a really crappy napper during the day.  He started the great night sleeping around 3 months.

I think mine naps too well at daycare sometimes...lol I guess being called the best napper in the group is not always a good thing at home. ;)

• I'm right there with you.  I put DD down at 8pm and she's up at 1:30, 4, sometimes 5, and then around 6/6:30am for the day.  

We had two blissful weeks when she was going from 8-4 but then all of a sudden she started throwing in another feeding.  I thought it might be a growth spurt but she's been doing this for eight nights now.  

And I still consider her current schedule a huge improvement over when she was a newborn and a really terrible sleeper. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't even get good naps! She'll give me two 20 minutes naps a day, and sometimes (very rarely) if I'm lucky, she'll sleep an hour or so, but then sleeps like crap at night. When people used to say "sleep when she sleeps" I wanted to kick them.

Even when I was pregnant I knew this was coming,  she was awake all hours of the day, and I never had to worry about her because she was constantly kicking around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm with you- I was reading that post and wondering if I'm doing something wrong! :( We EBF, she goes down between 8-9 pm, and is up around 12:30, 3, 6, and for the day around 8ish. Sometimes she skips the 12:30 feeding- which she only added like 3 weeks ago anyway and I'm hoping it leaves for good soon!!

She doesn't go down with a binky at night, and she does eat for at least 10-15 minutes, so I guess she's genuinely hungry. She's around 14 lbs. though, and I really thought we'd be getting longer stretches by now.... boo.

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• imageMamabirdtoBe:

We don't even get good naps! She'll give me two 20 minutes naps a day, and sometimes (very rarely) if I'm lucky, she'll sleep an hour or so, but then sleeps like crap at night. When people used to say "sleep when she sleeps" I wanted to kick them.

Even when I was pregnant I knew this was coming,  she was awake all hours of the day, and I never had to worry about her because she was constantly kicking around.

Honey I don't know how you're still functioning!!! Kudos to you, that is really no sleep at all. Have you tried "tanking" her before bedtime? I just started doing it (I offer the boob every hour for the last three hours before bed), and I think it helped 2 out of the 4 nights that I've done it so far. I don't know... hopefully she'll grow out of it soon!

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• LO has gone 7 hours a couple times so I know she can do it but she averages 6/3/hourly until we wake...

That isn't as good as some of the other PP but I feel so lucky I have a generally good sleeper, fairly easy to get down and falls asleep right after feeding in the night. On the other hand, she's super cranky/fussy so thank goodness she's a good sleeper, we needed something to give Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't reply on the first thread and I am definitely in the "waking up plenty" group.  Lizzy's asleep between 8 and 9 and then on a good night she's eats at 1am, 4am, 6am, and awake at 7:30.  On a bad night she's up all those times plus needs the paci replaced several times.  She too had a few glorious nights of 8-5 sleep right around 3 months - but those are long gone.

FWIW, I EBF both her and Drew.  If anything I have more milk this time around but she's a much "worse" sleeper than Drew.  Drew was STTN by 8 weeks and at this age was doing a full 12 hours from 8pm-8am.  I don't think it's about the food (although a fully belly certainly doesn't hurt) - I think it's just a development thing. 

So she better hurry up and develop cause I'm going back to work at the end of the month and I'd really appreciate more than three hours of sleep in a row!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just posted on the other thread, but DD has never STTN - we are up every 3-4 hours for about 20 minutes of eating and at least one diaper change (incredibly heavy wetter - soaks through every CD combo I have tried so far).

bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • We've seen some major improvements over the last 7-10 days... including STTN twice from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. We haven't been doing much differently (we EBF), so I really think it's just that DD's getting old enough/big enough to go longer without a feeding and to be able to put herself back to sleep when she wakes up throughout the night. Three weeks ago DD was waking at LEAST 3 times a night. Now even on her rougher nights she's only waking twice, and 4 times in the past week she's only woken once. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Neither of my girls has every STTN.  We have even regressed lately.  They were only getting up once, but for the past month it's generally 2-3 times per night.  I'm so tired.
  • imagekestock120:
    We have been very blessed with a great night sleeper, but he is a really crappy napper during the day.  He started the great night sleeping around 3 months.

Definitely this. Mine sleeps 11 hours at night, but she has a 30 minute timer on her at nap time, and many times, I have to wrestle her into a nap lol. She starts day care next week, and I'm nervous she's going to make them crazy with her lack of napping.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

imagekestock120:

Definitely this. Mine sleeps 11 hours at night, but she has a 30 minute timer on her at nap time, and many times, I have to wrestle her into a nap lol. She starts day care next week, and I'm nervous she's going to make them crazy with her lack of napping.

If this gives you any hope...Violet sucks at napping for me at home but she is a napping pro at daycare...maybe it will be the same for N?

And still - on the weekends - she sucks at napping....back at daycare...napping pro. I think she just doesn't want to miss anything once she's with H & I.

• imageSarahL77:

Same here! DD has never once napped in her crib and even in my arms or the sling she will only do 20 or 30 minutes at a time now. Yesterday she literally only napped once for 20 minutes and that was the only sleep we could get out of her all day until bedtime! 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"