September 2011 Moms
Options

AR Co-sleeper (AW-ish)

I am sOoOOoo happy to have finally gotten an Arms Reach (mini) cosleeper. I got it into my head several months ago that I'd like to try one, but couldn't bring myself to spend $160-$200+ on a new one. I finally found one in great condition on CL for $50. Yay!

Is anyone else planning on using one of these, or have any BDTD moms used them before?

Re: AR Co-sleeper (AW-ish)

• Options
    Cool!  Does this go right by the bed? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, it attaches to the side of the bed, so you can nurse, soothe the baby in the middle of the night without waking up, etc, without the risks that come with having the baby in bed with you. (plus, we have a teeny tiny bed, and I don't think three of us could fit in it)

It even has a little nightlight attached! It can also be used as freestanding bassinet. The downside is that it can only be used for up to five months, which is why I didn't want to spend the $$ on a new one.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!  I couldn't bring myself to pay full price and have been stalking craigslist for several weeks.  We bought one in excellent condition yesterday for $60.  Yay for great deals!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay! I have my eye on CL for one too..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Way to go ptflip! $60 is a good deal. Is yours a mini too?

Sending good bargain vibes your way windsongs...

• Options

I got mine for $50 off of CL too!  I found out (from my CL experience) that women who are on public assistance or whatever get one of these for free from the hospital here, so there are a bunch of them floating around.  The lady I got mine from had twins, so she got two for free from the hospital, plus her friend gave her the one she had for free from the hospital, so she sold the used one... good for me!  

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to clean it though, since it's assembled and I'm not going to try to figure out how to take it apart.  I think I'm just going to make a solution with my baby laundry detergent and scrub it down, rinse it and then let it dry in the sun.  Also, I need to get the straps that attach it to the bed and the risers that make it a little taller (our bed is pretty high).  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKatywren:

I got mine for $50 off of CL too!  I found out (from my CL experience) that women who are on public assistance or whatever get one of these for free from the hospital here, so there are a bunch of them floating around.  The lady I got mine from had twins, so she got two for free from the hospital, plus her friend gave her the one she had for free from the hospital, so she sold the used one... good for me!  

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to clean it though, since it's assembled and I'm not going to try to figure out how to take it apart.  I think I'm just going to make a solution with my baby laundry detergent and scrub it down, rinse it and then let it dry in the sun.  Also, I need to get the straps that attach it to the bed and the risers that make it a little taller (our bed is pretty high).  

Katywren- that is awesome! I got mine the opposite way- from a lady that was loaded and lived in a very fancy shmancy house overlooking the city. I guess that's why she didn't mind lettign it go for cheap, and why she also threw in a bunch of baby clothes for practically noting. (I guess I look liek a charity case? Whatever, the clothes were nice!!)

Good point about washing it. I washed the sheet, obviously, and though the rest of it looks clean, it would be a good idea to srub it somehow. I have the same problem with a pack n play we got that is so dirty I don't even know if I want to use it.

I think I'm going to try your detergent idea though, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"