Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Chicco Keyfit30 Travel System Users

When did you take out the head support? When did you start using the stroller without the infant seat? TIA

Re: Chicco Keyfit30 Travel System Users

• I don't have the stoller... but we have the Keyfit car seat and we are still using the head support... but the infant support is for 11lbs or less.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • We are still using the head support.  I feel like in an accident, it would keep her head from whipping side to side.  We will probably keep using the infant seat with the stroller until DD is sitting up on her own and has better trunk support.  
    BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • Loading the player...
  • we haven't taken out our head support yet, LO is around 11ish lbs.  we have put him in the stroller with some stuff animals on both sides to keep LO from flopping too much. LO loves looking around when he's in the stroller... there's so many new things to look at outside! :)
    Cousin Hannah & Andrew at the park
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're still using the head support and using the seat in the stroller. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Around 11 lbs. and I have replaced it with the boppy noggin which is supposed to prevent against flat head syndrome. I use it on the play mat, in his swing because I'm paranoid like that, but it has great side support and looks comfy in the car seat. I wish I would have done this from the start...

He hasn't ridden in his stroller alone, he did sleep in there two night when we went on vacation and he was reclined all the way back and strapped in. 

• KERJFKERJF member

still using head support. infant comes out at 11 pounds.

we started using the stroller w/o the car seat about 3 weeks ago - i just put blankets on either side of her and right under the straps and keep it at a slight incline so she can still look around but isnt slipping forward. she likes it much more than sitting in her seat! 

imageimage
  • I took out head support out a while ago because it looked like it was pushing her head forward, and the manual said to take it out when it does that. I put her in the stroller without the carseat starting maybe two weeks ago, because it reclines so I just dont put it totally upright. She loves it and does just fine. She is sitting on her own now but I still will leave it slightly reclined for awhile.
  • We just took it out last weeekend when LO was just shy of 5 months and is approximately 15 pounds... I actually hate the stroller part and can't see using it really ever unfortunatly - we have the city mini and its so much easier!!!
  • nattnnattn member
    We still use the head support also. We started using the stroller alone when DD was a little over 2 months. DD was always trying to sit up and look around in the infant seat so we tried it and she loved it! We strap her in of course and she's never had a problem slumping forward or anything like that. I think it depends on the baby and you'll know when yours is ready.
  • The manual says you have to take the head support out when you raise the shoulder harness straps to the top (3rd level) notch. I've been using the stroller without the carrier for a long time now, since she was wee little.  She has always been advanced in being able to hold her head up but I mainly started using it so early because we are in FL and it's HOT and if we were out shopping or at the mall or somewhere I found she slept sooo much better laying down in the stroller, she could sprawl out and get comfy and it wasn't so hot.   She hates being confined in the car seat straps.  She also likes to be inclined and look around on walks. 
  • Our head support is still in but we are already on the middle level with the straps so it will come out when I move it to the last notch, which will be soon.  I like the stroller without the carseat past one month old.  She is in the carseat enough as it is and she likes to stretch out in the stroller.  Plus I can use the stroller without the carseat to change her diaper, too.  
  • We don't have the stroller. However, we did take the head support out when he was about 13lbs...he couldn't stand it. It seemed as if he was just stuffed in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"