Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

OMG, I am such an immature brat

I didn't get DD home until nearly an hour after her bedtime tonight.  DH and I stayed in her room with her and gave her some milk, let her look at her books, whatever.  DH wanted to read her a story and put her to bed, so he picked her up- and she didn't want me to be anywhere near her to kiss her goodnight!  She screamed and pinched me- and, of course, I got my nose all bent out of joint and left.  So, then he brings her out so she can "love on Mama" but she still didn't want me to pick her up.  So aggravating- especially because I know that she knows that Daddy is the "soft touch," the one who says "No, don't do that...  (sigh)  Fine.  Do that."  Drives me nuts (but that's a whole other post- I'll spare you).  Anyway, I'm a baby because I let it bother me and I get mad.  I'm just feeling very guilty and pathetic right now.

Re: OMG, I am such an immature brat

• Admit this to Dh and laugh about it later. We all get a bit jealous or upset when LO chooses someone over us... maybe not all of us but I know it makes me a little bit disappointed when this happens.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageyourmysunshine:

Admit this to Dh and laugh about it later. We all get a bit jealous or upset when LO chooses someone over us... maybe not all of us but I know it makes me a little bit disappointed when this happens.

Well, DH got mad at me because I was mad.  I don't think there will be any laughing about it.  Not yet, at least.  And he likes to tease me that DS (due in Nov) will be my "Mama's boy" while DD is his "Daddy's girl."  Sets my teeth on edge.

• Loading the player...
  • MrsSRMrsSR member

I got mad yesterday because I asked DD for a kiss and she hit me instead.

Hurts my feelings!  lol

• We all have our moments. I've been there!
    Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
  • My DD has started to identify body parts, so I thought she was going say "eye" and point at it, but she completely clawed my eye tonight. I don't know what gets into these little guys!
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • imageMrsChibs:
    imageyourmysunshine:

Admit this to Dh and laugh about it later. We all get a bit jealous or upset when LO chooses someone over us... maybe not all of us but I know it makes me a little bit disappointed when this happens.

Well, DH got mad at me because I was mad.  I don't think there will be any laughing about it.  Not yet, at least.  And he likes to tease me that DS (due in Nov) will be my "Mama's boy" while DD is his "Daddy's girl."  Sets my teeth on edge.

Ugh, this pisses me off.  DS loves his daddy, and DH insists it is because DS is a boy and DH knows what boys like better.  He keeps telling me "we will get you your girl"  It annoys me to no end.  There is a smugness behind that statement which is infuriating. It doesn't help that his family has a thing with boys being superior to girls.  I was also apprehensive about having a boy since I come from a family from all girls, so this all just plays into my own insecurities.

Sorry you are dealing with parent preferences, it can hurt your feelings.  My friend advised me to enjoy the peace with a glass of wine and a good book while DH deals with a baby clinging to his legs and demanding attention. Smugness tends to disappear at that point. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I guess we don't really have control over what hurts our feelings.  We have the opposite situation in our house and DS is a total mamas boy.  I am sure I would be hurt if he didn't want anything to do with me.  Keep reminding yourself it's not completely personal...they do things like this that to show their independence and decision making power.

• imageMrsChibs:
    imageyourmysunshine:

Well, he's probably right! Little girls LOOOOOOVE their daddies and little boys LOOOOOOVE their mamas! My son will shake his head "NO! NO!" when I hand him off to DH sometimes. Don't worry, your turn is coming!

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsChibs:
    imageyourmysunshine:

My Mom has said all my life that it's Daddy's and their girls and Mommy's and their boys. 

She doesn't mean that girls don't love their Moms she just means that maybe there is a kind of special little bond.  Of course this isn't always true or anything but I thought of it based on what your DH said.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"