Success after IF
Options

I'm back-- I am really starting to hate my clinic

I have been incredibly frustrated with them already because they completely screwed me out of a cycle in April by not doing their job and finding out how often I needed my baseline stats.  And then they almost screwed me out of this cycle because they never informed Aetna that the previous cycle wasn't cancelled so Aetna thought I had used my 3 up.

So, I call them this morning and they are very responsive and tell me to come in and get a urine test and ultrasound.  Since it's sunday I need to go to the main office which is a bit of a drive, but fine.  I get there, they have me pee in a cup and tell me they will have the results in 3-4 days and to go pick up a prescription. That's it.  WTF-- you couldn't have called in the script and let me go to my primary tomorrow who would have gotten me the test results in 4 minutes (not sure what my bi-monthly $2,000+ check to them is paying for if they don't have the resources to test for a UTI....but whatever).   I just feel like they have no respect for my time or the fact that I am feeling really desperate at this point.

So...who knows if I have a UTI and certainly we won't know if it's something else because that is all they looked at.  So now I am a nervous wreck that this antibiotic is somehow going to affect my transfer.  

I got my fert report back.  9 fertilized-- which I am also not happy about but whatever.  I am feeling so hopeless about this cycle working.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm back-- I am really starting to hate my clinic

• Options
    ugh. I was kinda leary of what they would do, or not do. Keep a close eye on things in there, the anti'bs shouldnt affect your transfer, but a hole snagged in some organ, could! Ps.... I like nine. Good number. Best of luck!
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    smileesmilee member

I'm sorry. :(

I hope they are nine great ones.  I know it isn't what you'd hoped for, and that is disappointing,  but we've all got your fingers crossed for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry that you are so discouraged right now.  It sucks that you went all the way to your RE and they couldn't give you test results today.  I'm sure it would have been nice to know what they were going to do before you made the trip!

I'm sending lots of good vibes that one of those 9 embies hangs on for the transfer and then for a good 9 months!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

please don't hesitate to go to the ER if you are in a lot of pain or have a fever. it doesn't sound like they did anything to rule out more serious concerns.

i'm sorry that they are being so flaky and unhelpful. =( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my old clinic was just as useless and called to tell me i had a UTI (first of my life), a few hours AFTER my transfer - 3 days after i went in to pee in a cup. I was livid -i assumed it was negative since they didn't prescribe anything and didn't cancel my cycle. Learn from my mistake, go to the ER, get antibiotics if you need them. some clinics prescribe antibiotics with all transfers - so i wouldn't worry about the impact of the antibiotic on the transfer, but i would worry about an untreated infection during ivf...

• Options

I'm sorry you clinic does not seem to be on top of things, at all. That was pretty dumb of them to have you come in knowing they can't give you results today! They should have a least told you that it takes 4 days and you may be better off seeing your reg dr.

I'm sorry you are feeling so discouraged. I know it's not the number you were hoping for but, fwiw I think 9 is a good number!

Good luck! I hope this cycle is it! 

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

an afterthought - did they by chance cath you while you were under? (to shrink your bladder to get at your oves better?) that would explain some pain, and certainly the blood in your urine, maybe...)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    imageDavezWife:

an afterthought - did they by chance cath you while you were under? (to shrink your bladder to get at your oves better?) that would explain some pain, and certainly the blood in your urine, maybe...)

I thought about this on the drive home today-- but I don't think they did.  Yesterday when I was basically crying from the pain the Dr. came in and told me that she had had to push down pretty hard on my abdomen to get at my ovaries so I think she would have mentioned a catheter then.

• Options

F them!  I am sorry lady!!

I am so so so pulling for you!  I hope you can be done with them for good and move on to your OB! (you know since you will be knocked up)

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options
    Just catching up now. I don't have any great advice, just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are dealing with so much aggravation!! :( I hope those 9 turn out to be rock stars and the blood is nothing serious. Good luck sweetie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"