Blended Families
Options

It is not the same..vent

I wasn't sure where to post this but I just needed to vent.  DD will be going to daycare tomorrow for the first time.  I have been unemployed since she was born and am starting a new business with a friend of mine and need some time before we open to get stuff together.  She is going to an at home day care where there is a 5 and 7 month old (DD will be 6 months in August).  I asked DH to go in to work later on Monday as it would be hard on me to drop DD off at daycare.  I have been home with her everyday for 6 months and even though she is only going 8 until 1 until September, it will still be hard for me.  Well, he told me he forgot to ask and it is not a big deal anyway...it is not like I won't see her for a week or two or only for a short time like it was with SD when she was little.  I was so angry at him. It doesn't matter, IMO, it is still a big deal and he should be there!

Re: It is not the same..vent

• Options

You got really angry about this? 

You're both invalidating each other's feelings. He doesn't see it as a big deal, and you're telling him that his perspective doesn't matter. You see it as a HUGE thing, and he's telling you it's not. 

He should be more sensitive, but I think you're overreacting. It's not easy dropping your baby off at daycare, but your DD will be fine and it's only for half a day.

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Of course it will be hard on you, you've been the one staying at home with your DD. BUT(!), your H leaves her every morning when he goes to work. I'm sorry that you're having a tough time dealing with this, but I don't really see why he would need to be there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You need to explain to him that it is a big deal to him and that his experience with SD is besides the point when it comes to your feelings as a Mom to your SD, don't invalidate how he feels about it but that you were asking this of him b/c of how YOU feel.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

imageLittlejen22:
    You need to explain to him that it is a big deal to him and that his experience with SD is besides the point when it comes to your feelings as a Mom to your SD, don't invalidate how he feels about it but that you were asking this of him b/c of how YOU feel.

I agree with this, that would definitely tick me off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"