February 2012 Moms
Options

Tylenol PM

Ugh! I have the worst headache and I sent my DH to the store to buy some regular tylenol and he comes home with tylenol pm.  I called my doctors 24hr line and the nurse said don't take tylenol pm just regular tylenol or extra strength tylenol.  I'm not really sure why I can't take the pm one. Has anyone taken tylenol pm?  If not I'm about to send him back to the store!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tylenol PM

• Options
    if the nurse said not too i wouldn't....it has a sleep aid in it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My doc said I could take any Tylenol product.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGem17:
    My doc said I could take any Tylenol product.

That's what I've read too when I googled it...now I'm annoyed that I called and didn't just take it.  Well, my sweet hubby is already back at the store at 11pm.  :)

• Options
    I was told by my doctor that Tylenol PM is totally fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think tylenol PM is totally fine! Especially since we are allowed to take sleep aids like benadryl and unisom too!
  • Options

I asked specifically about tylenol PM since I work overnights and need it sometimes to get to sleep during the day.  She said it's totally fine.  The PM part is the same medicine as Benadryl, which is safe to take.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's a-okay!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    This nurse is here to tell you that the "pm" in tylenol pm is benadrl. Since both tylenol and benadryl are both safe during pregnancy, I would say that it is safe to take!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers TTC since 1/09. 4 rounds clomid, 1 miscarriage, 2 rounds IVF, and 1 successful frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo! Pregnant with our miracle baby, due February 6, 2012!
  • Options
    Tylenol PM is on my list of approved OTC medications, right along with Benadryl.
  • Options
    My doctor suggested I take Tylenol PM because I was having trouble sleeping.
  • Options
    I took tylenol pm almost my entire first pregnancy. Its safe and does wonders for those uncomfortable nights!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice girls.  I had a feeling it was okay, but was scared to take it when I called and the nurse and she said no.  Here is just a good reminder that you can't believe 100% of what every nurse and doctor tell you. It's good to get second opinions and research for yourself too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"