April 2011 Moms

STTN Give me some numbers

Let me know if you bf or ff and how many hours your LO averages at night. 

Please and Thank you!

Right now LO is sleeping about 9 hours at night and is EBF.  Mama's in my support group are surprised by this ( I don't think they believe me).  I know that there are others on this board who have LO STTN.  Not one mother in the group has an EBF baby STTN. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STTN Give me some numbers

• Typically 8-9 hours. FF
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I BF while small supplementing while I'm at work- can't pump what he wants to drink!  I'm lucky to get more then 3-4 hours at a time.  Luckily I just change his diaper, pop him on the boob and we both are sleeping again quickly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • bf and generally sleeps from 10 pm til 6:30-7 am
  • EBF and sleeping 9-10 hours a night soundly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hoping we get to 9 hours someday!! LO sleeps for 6 hours, eats, 3 hours, eats, then wakes hourly for the next couple hours. EBF.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 8-11 hrs, FF

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• LO is FF and he sleeps 9 hours regardless of what time he goes down (although it is usually about 8:30).
  • 4-5 hrs...EBF
  • EBF: 8-10 hours usually, although she is going through a growth spurt this week and has picked up a feeding around 6 hours.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I'm primarily BF (they get one formula bottle before bed and have been from the start) and they have been STTN for the past month and a half. We usually get 10 or so hours from them.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • I have a question for all you ladies: Do these hours mean you go that amount of time without going in at all?

E sleeps from 3-5 hours at a time (usually closer to 3) before needing to eat (EBF) but I go in there a few extra times a night just to put her paci back in. Do you ladies getting 8-9 hours just get to really sleep that long?! I'm a walking zombie. Four months of no sleep is catching up.

• Chase sleeps 9 - 10 hours, EBF.  About once a week we'll have to get up to give him his pacifier back, but usually he sleeps through with no interruptions.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Quinn is EBF and usually sleeps 8-10 hrs, he usually has about one night a week where he sleeps 12 hours and one where he only sleeps around 5 and needs to get up for a snack before crashing again
  • DD is EBF and usually goes between 9 and 10 hours (when we're not experiencing the joys of the 4 month wakeful period!). I nurse her to sleep and try to have her down between 7 and 8pm--often, she wakes shortly after this and I have to nurse her again to get her back down before she will sleep through without interruption. Last night she slept straight through from the start and went from 7:30pm to 5am. She typically always wakes between 4 and 5 no matter what time she goes down for the night, so our longest stretches always come about by putting her to bed as early as possible. She is not really hungry when she wakes for the 5am feed; she just chatters happily to herself but is never able to put herself back to sleep, so I end up nursing her anyways (and she is still in our room, so I admit I probably jump to nursing a bit too soon so that we can get back to sleep ourselves). 

Pregnancy Ticker

• EBF. 4-6 hours at night, then every 2-3 hours from then on...
  • I EBF and he sleeps anywhere from 9 to 11 hours at night. And he doesn't use a paci so yes, he is down that whole time without interruption.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • BF, 6-9 hrs, then awake every 1-3 hrs after that until he hits 10 hrs total. He always goes down around 9-10:30 and gets up around 7:15-8:30.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LilyBug is sleeping 9hrs uninterrupted, EBF. I'm usually up doing other things so I don't get 9hrs of sleep. But I do get btn 5 & 7.
  • 7-8 hours, up for a bottle, down for another 3-4 hours.

FF fed.

• I EBF and it really varies. Last night DD slept 11+ hours. Normally I would say she sleeps at least 6.
  • Last night 8 hours and I nursed her and she's back down for an additional 3 (so far).  Sometimes she'll go 7-9 and then go back down for another 3-4. (it depends on when she goes to bed and when her last nap is)
  • My LO is FF....she will typically sleep 8 - 9 hours straight.  Then I give her a bottle & she will go back to sleep for another 2 hours.  I don't like to talk too much about how great she sleeps, I don't want to jinx myself!  Stick out tongue
  • imageMamabirdtoBe:

I have a question for all you ladies: Do these hours mean you go that amount of time without going in at all?

E sleeps from 3-5 hours at a time (usually closer to 3) before needing to eat (EBF) but I go in there a few extra times a night just to put her paci back in. Do you ladies getting 8-9 hours just get to really sleep that long?! I'm a walking zombie. Four months of no sleep is catching up.

I don't go in there at all once my LO is asleep.  Once she is out for the night, she is out.  I go in her room several times just to check on her but before I go to bed I turn on the monitor.

• imageITGurl0626:
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

I have a question for all you ladies: Do these hours mean you go that amount of time without going in at all?

I don't go in there at all once my LO is asleep.  Once she is out for the night, she is out.  I go in her room several times just to check on her but before I go to bed I turn on the monitor.

Same here.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is EBF he usually sleeps 8 hours sometimes 7 sometimes 11.  He goes down at 6:30 usually wakes at 2:30/3:00 sometimes as early as 1:30 and sometimes as late as 5:30.

I really think it has a lot to do with weight not so much what they eat.  DS weighs 15+ lbs. and as he gains he sleeps longer stretches.

• imageMamabirdtoBe:

I don't usually have to go in.  Ocassionally maybe 1 or 2 times a week he might wake early and need a paci but it isn't a regular thing. 

My DD was just like your LO she needed a paci every time she woke even a little bit.  We ended up doing some sleep training around 6 months and it wasn't as bad after that.

• I EBF and DS sleeps 9-11 hours every night.  He goes down at about 8 and sleeps soundly until 6 or 7 about 95% of the time.  Also, he doesn't take a pacifier, so when he goes down for the night that's it.
  • 6 hours for the first stretch, then 4-5 more, then 1-2 more before up for the day. EBF. He only gets up to eat. That technically means he STTN, since the medical definition is 5 or 6 hours, depending on who you ask.
  • 9 hours and he is breast fed. We've had a couple sleep regressions like the night he had his shots but I don't think they have anything to do with him being EBF.
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Ugh, my little guy is getting awful at night. He was waking up once a night since 2 weeks then started sttn around 10 weeks (8 hours straight). But lately, he's waking up multiple times to eat. I bf and just went back to work, so I've just been bringing him to bed, sticking a boob in his mouth and going back to sleep but he keeps waking me up through the night eating constantly like it's a freaking all night boob buffet. When I try to put him back in his crib, he cries and I don't have the energy to battle getting him back to sleep, so he just stays in the bed :(
  • EBF.  11 hours (usually 8pm-7am).  She's been doing this since about 5 weeks (when she started with 7 hour stretches and built up from there).

I don't go in her room once she's down.  But, we don't use a paci, either.  So, yes, I'm sleeping from 11-7 uninterrupted every night. 

imageimageimage
  • We were doing a solid 8-9 hours, 7 on bad nights until he hit his three month growth spurt a few weeks ago. Then he was good again for a week and has now started teething!

The last week he has been down for 5-6 hours, then back down for another four. I am hoping he starts sleeping well again after teething is done. He isn't a great napper, so he's got to be tired!

ETA: EBF!

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • 5-6 hours then 2-3 hours, BF w/ some supplementation

although last night she slept for 8 hours straight. Random fluke!

• FF, about 8oz every time and sleeps anywhere from 9-12 hours a night.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagelylahlove:
    Ugh, my little guy is getting awful at night. He was waking up once a night since 2 weeks then started sttn around 10 weeks (8 hours straight). But lately, he's waking up multiple times to eat. I bf and just went back to work, so I've just been bringing him to bed, sticking a boob in his mouth and going back to sleep but he keeps waking me up through the night eating constantly like it's a freaking all night boob buffet. When I try to put him back in his crib, he cries and I don't have the energy to battle getting him back to sleep, so he just stays in the bed :(

Aww - hopefully he is just going through his 3 month growth spurt and he settles down for you soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wah!! I'm so jealous of all of these sttn babies! :( We were doing 5-6 hours, then 3 and 3.Now I'm lucky if I get 4 hours in a row, and this has been going on for almost 3 weeks now. She added a third feeding then and last night was the first night in 3 weeks we haven't done it. My only savior is that she likes to sleep in, so if it's a bad night she can go back to sleep after the 7-8 am feeding if I need her to.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Wow.  DD has *never* STTN (well, she did once but she was sick with a kidney infection at the time, so I don't count that).  She goes from 8pm till midnight/1am.  Wskes up, I feed her (ebf) she immediately goes to sleep, wakes up again between 3-4am, feeds again, and then wakes up between 5-6am at which point I bring her to bed with me until we get up at 7am.

The good thing is that she always immediately goes back to sleep as soon as she eats.  But I would love a night of uninterrupted sleep!!!  She still sleeps in the co-sleeper next to our bed ... I wonder if she would sleep better in her room??

bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • imageMamabirdtoBe:

I am sorry! Jack sleeps through from 9:00- 7:45    with a quick snack between 3 and 5.  He doesn't wake all the way up for it and it usually takes all of 5 minutes so I count it as sttn.  He doesn't use a paci and he sleeps in the p&p right next to me so I don't have to go far. I attribute a couple of things to his good sleeping. 

1. I top him off right before bed.

2. He is sleeping close to us.

3.  We have never been worried about being quiet so that he can sleep so nothing wakes him! Our lives are fairly noisy.

4.  He takes good long naps during the day, I am a firm believer in sleep begets sleep.

I know that I am VERY lucky with this but I have to say, even though he is a good sleeper I am not.  I am up with every little sound, movement from Jack, the dogs and DH.

No sleep is tough on the body and the mind. Do you  nap during the day with her?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"