December 2010 Moms
Options

So over our car seat - what's next?

My MIL got us this hunky heavier Britax car seat for LO.  He is now 8 months old and his feet hang over the edge.  It has a weight limit up to 35 pounds but I'm struggling now to get this thing (with DS in it) into my car.

Possibly a stupid question - but what comes after the infant car seat?

FWIW, DH does drop-off and I do pick-up from daycare so we'd need something that can still be 'shared' between our cars without too much hassle to install.

Thoughts appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So over our car seat - what's next?

• Options
    Rink08Rink08 member

imagelvmcc:
    Convertable carseat.  One that can be rear and forward facing.  They are MUCH bigger, and not as handy to share, Honestly, I'd suggest getting one for each car. 

I second getting one for each if you can. When I worked, we had one for each car and another for my mom/sister/dad for when they went anywhere with him which was a few times a week at that point. It was a hassle to keep taking it out.

• Options

We bought the Britax Marathon 70 (actually my mom was generous enough to purchase it for us). It's in DH's car since we primarily use that. I'd love another Britax for my car but since I never drive it I'll probably just get a Cosco Scenera or another less pricey brand. I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to score Britax or Graco seats on super clearance like some people are!

We just took ours to be installed/inspected yesterday and I think DS is liking having the extra room in his seat. I told him I hope he likes it since he'll be sitting in it until he's, like, eight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member

We have two Britax Blvds because DS travels in both cars equally.  I only was able to get two though b/c I got them for under $200/each (diapers.com).  We had intended to buy one Blvd and a Cosco Scenara like a PP mentioned.  No matter what you get though, I bet LO will be a lot happier and so will mom!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered a Britax Blvd 70 from diapers.com on sale, but not as good of a sale as pp got.  I'm going to spend a little more time shopping around for a deal for the second seat for DH's car since we don't use his too often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also second the idea of getting one for each car. We got good deals on Amazon and we each opened a credit card to get the $30 credit when we ordered. We got one by the first years- they are a bit cheaper, yet very nice! :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You should definitely get one for each car. Walmart has some convertable ones for under $50.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imageB2bFall2005:

My MIL got us this hunky heavier Britax car seat for LO.  He is now 8 months old and his feet hang over the edge.  It has a weight limit up to 35 pounds but I'm struggling now to get this thing (with DS in it) into my car.

FWIW, DH does drop-off and I do pick-up from daycare so we'd need something that can still be 'shared' between our cars without too much hassle to install.

Thoughts appreciated.

We have the same issue. We will have to buy one for each car. We just bought one convertible and are leaving the infant seat in the other vehicle for now. In a couple more months, we'll buy a second one for the other car. Our infant seat goes to 35 lbs so we're not in danger of hitting that limit any time soon. At least this way, we're not out the money for two caresses at once.
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Definitely need one for each car!! We have the Graco Comfortsport for DS1- it's under $100 and pretty nice!

I think we'll be getting the Graco Nautilus next- it has a higher weight limit and converts to a booster. But the weight for it STARTS at 20lb, so we'll move DS1 to that, and use our other one rear facing for #2! The Nautilus is $137- not bad! We need 2 again, so I don't want to spend $300 each!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagechornback79:
    imageB2bFall2005:

Thoughts appreciated.

We have the same issue. We will have to buy one for each car. We just bought one convertible and are leaving the infant seat in the other vehicle for now. In a couple more months, we'll buy a second one for the other car. Our infant seat goes to 35 lbs so we're not in danger of hitting that limit any time soon. At least this way, we're not out the money for two caresses at once.

This is what we'll be doing as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"