November 2011 Moms
Options

Hand-Me-Downs thank you?

Hi there,

Acquaintances have generously given us several baby gear items their children have outgrown, including a PNP.  I'd like to give some sort of thank you... normally, I'd give wine but I'm not sure they drink.  Maybe a Target gift card?  

Other ideas?  Are there "rules" about this sort of thing?  Thank you!     

Re: Hand-Me-Downs thank you?

• Options
    I personally do not give thank you gifts when people give me gifts. Also, hand me downs are usually happily given away just for the person to get rid of the items. Maybe just a thank-you note would be suffice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Perhaps you can invite them over for dinner or something. I'd find that more meaningful than a gift card or even a thank you note. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A heartfelt thank you card should be sufficient. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree that a thank you note would suffice - any maybe if you're feeling generous, some homemade muffins or something.  No gifts or gift cards - save that money for your baby!!  I'm sure there will still be plenty of things you'll need that money for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have given gift cards to a few different people that have given me hand me downs, both sets gave a ton of stuff. I did small amounts though, I think one was $10 to a coffee shop and the last one was $15 to DQ for the family to have a summer treat. I know it's not expected, but neither was the tub full of clothes that I got from them!
  • Options
    I have a really sweet neighbor that had her second child (a little boy) in May and she's all done with babies now.  Since I have a little guy on the way she gives me his clothes as he outgrows them.  We both live in apartments with space limitations so she says that its helping her too and she just wants me to pass them along to the next woman I know who might need them.  The first time she brought down a bunch I wrote her a long thank you note.  Now she just brings them down in little spurts and I'm always so thankful but don't want to overkill it with the notes.  I offer each time that whenever her and her husband need a break they can send down their LO's (one or both) and I'm happy to have them.  People do these things out of the kindness of their heart. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"