June 2011 Moms

Armpit Cheese...

My LO has armpit cheese and it STINKS, lol. She gets good baths too!! I lift her arms up and open the folds and there it is - little stinky stuff hiding in the crack. I have been avoiding the lotion as much as possible near there but it still happens. Anyone else finding some stinky treasures?? [wink]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Armpit Cheese...

• Mine always get it under the neck... and in the palms of their hands...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO's armpits are fairly clean, but his neck gets pretty nasty.  I've started sponge-bathing his face and neck twice a day with a wet washcloth.  I do it when I change his clothes in the morning and before bed.

I also noticed some dark gray toe jam between his toes the other day.  It's so hard to clean between his fingers and toes!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've got underarm cheese here too! And toe jam, but I think it's from sock lint...
  • DD gets what I call finger lint between her thumb and first finger, and it is really hard to get out!
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• DD gets it in her little thigh folds.... eww, I can smell it now just thinking about it!
  • We only got the armpit stuff until she was about a week old. Now it's just her neck but it's really only because milk drips down and it doesn't get cleaned up fast enough. We wipe her neck folds sometimes 4 times a day because of it. She's a messy eater lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've really only noticed a smell in her neck folds, but she also gets linty between her toes and fingers.  She rarely wears socks so I'm gonna have to say it's A&A blanket lint!
  • Neck and behind the ears here. And fuzzies in the toes (even without socks).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes!  Our little guy gets the armpit nastiness too.  The first time DH noticed I thought he was going to vomit from the smell. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha Ha!!  I'm glad our LO isn't the only one!  I've only discovered the armpit cheese once, but she always has lint stuck between her fingers which then end up smelling like feet!!  
  • LOL--we definitely have armpit cheese.  I don't think it smells bad, but it seems like it's never ending, no matter how many times I scrub.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah our LO gets the armpit cheese all the time! Smells pretty nasty, and I can't seem to get rid of it!
  • imageMelissa2216:

My LO's armpits are fairly clean, but his neck gets pretty nasty.  I've started sponge-bathing his face and neck twice a day with a wet washcloth.  I do it when I change his clothes in the morning and before bed.

I also noticed some dark gray toe jam between his toes the other day.  It's so hard to clean between his fingers and toes!  

Ahhh!  After reading this, I checked my Lo's toes and sure enough he had some lint/dirt there.  I guess I hadn't noticed it before... bad, bad mommy! I spent extra time cleaning his feet last night. LOL

• We get armpit cheese, neck cheese, finger and tow lint and occasionally some hip cheese (the fold of skin at the top of his legs). He's only 5 weeks old and he's already a gross little man. 

• We get neck cheese and finger and toe lint too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"