Baby Names
Options

why so many liams??

Am I missing something?  I had only heard this name a time or two before the bump, now it seems to be everywhere.  Is there some reason for it's rise in popularity??  Just curious...

Re: why so many liams??

• Options
    I just think it is a very popular name currently. =] I don't plan on naming my next child Liam, but I think it is a good strong name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My oldest is Liam. I don't know any other Liam's IRL. But, it fits him perfectly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just off the top of my head ... because Liam is derived from William and with all the Will & Kate wedding publicity, it became popular.

And that's me just talking out of my a$$. I have no idea.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Tori Spelling has two reality shows out right now, and her son's name is Liam. Just a guess?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    embarassing I know this but yes I watch the new 90210 and theres a hunky character on it named Liam, could of been a reason? funny, DH doesnt know this or watch it and added it to our list and its looking like a main contender for us for one of our twins. I like it alot popular or not.
  • Options

imageworknontheHfam:
    Tori Spelling has two reality shows out right now, and her son's name is Liam. Just a guess?

She delivered a month before I delivered my Liam and I was hoping people would not think I was naming my son after Tori's son. :P 

ETA: also, to OP: its a very common British name and a lot of their names drift over this side of the pond. DH is English so that is why we chose it because it worked well in England as well as here. 

• Options
    Liam is one of my top name choices because William is a family name. Thing is, I would HATE for someone to nickname my kid Willy, so I like the name Liam much better. :)
  • Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    we're the opposite - William is our top contender, but I cant stand the name Liam. It helps that we can't use it bc I have 2 nephews on different sides named Liam.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageGalwayGirl80:
    Liam is one of my top name choices because William is a family name. Thing is, I would HATE for someone to nickname my kid Willy, so I like the name Liam much better. :)

I tend to agree with this.  I think it's because William has been such a common name for so long, and people want to honor family members but aren't crazy with the nicknames Bill, Willy, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Liam and hubby finds it only OK. But he loves Lance and was willing to compromise at Lance Liam.  However, after he's heard me say it a few times, he told me that it sounds like I am saying "Lamb" every time I say "Liam" and he is no longer interested. I loooooove the name and wish I could convince him otherwise.
  • Options
    I know like 3 little 3 Liam's Via FB friends.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"