Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When to switch formulas?

My 11 week old has been on similac advance from day one. She always seems to have tummy troubles, lots of grunting, stiff legs, difficulty passing gas. It just seems like her tummy hurts frequently. I have asked pedi about it and he said this is all normal infant behavior since her stools are normal, and she is gaining weight and not spitting up. I just wish there was something I could do to make her belly feel better, and I think if I try to switch formulas it might help. Does anyone have experience with this?

Re: When to switch formulas?

• Options
    I wouldn't switch the formulas if the only thing you're seeing is tummy troubles with no change/issues with stools. Have you tried gas drops? We give those to my LO at every feed and they seem to help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, I've tried gas drops and gripe water. The drops help with the gas, but she just seems fussy and is always straining. Even though she is always straining, she does poop about once a day. I suppose  this is just normal behavior? My first was not like this, but I know all babies are different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd try Similac Sensitive, we switched DS2 to that after he was really fussy and gassy on the advanced and he became a lot better
  • Options
    I've had several friends whose babies had trouble on Similac...lots of gas and tummy issues.  They all switched to Enfamil and had much better luck.  Maybe try that or try a Sensitive form of Similac.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"