Cloth Diapering
Options

HELP! Discolored Pocket CDs After Stripping?

I had some repelling issues with a bunch of my pocket diapers.  I planned on selling them so I decided to strip them using blue Dawn.  Unfortunately, they came out of the wash with Dawn discolored.  The fleece/suede cloth on almost all of them is a dingy orange-y color.  Some of the velcro/aplix even seems to be discolored.

I tried to sun them with no success, so I broke down a used some bleach in the load.  Still no success.  

I have been googling like a madwoman and I can't find any instance of this happening to any one!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP! Discolored Pocket CDs After Stripping?

• Options
    was it blue dawn that you used or orange?? the only thing i could think of would be to do several rinses....
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    I used Original blue Dawn.  I've rinsed so many times I think my water bill is going to be quadrupled this month.  Thanks.  :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you dry them in the dryer afterwards?? If you did then the stains are probably set in and the rinses/bleach won't help....I'm completely stumped on this one         :( Sorry!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    All I can say is that I noticed the same thing when stripping my BGs and using bleach (when we were killing the yeast beast). I don't know why it happens, but ours are more "dingy" than I'd like. However, I wouldn't hesitate to sell them. They still work just fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have hard water?  If so it may just be some wierd reaction with the iron content in your water which is making them orange.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"