Pregnant after a Loss
Options

What should my belly feel like?

I'm so nervous about everything (like a true PgAL lady)!  My mom knows a girl that thought she was having BH last week, but it was preterm labor.  Sadly, she lost the baby. 

I can feel where LO is now, so I'm pressing on my belly a lot.  Sometimes, usually when I'm standing, my belly is hard.  It is usually softer when I'm sitting.  However, sometimes it is soft when I'm standing.  The hard belly scares me!  What should my belly feel like?  Why is it hard sometimes?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What should my belly feel like?

• Options

I think your belly is probably normal. Smile But im glad you posted, because i was thinking the same thing yesterday. Sometimes my belly is soft..sometimes its hard...I think maybe it depends on how LO is laying and what not.

But if you are really worried call your OB. If nothing else it will give you peace of mind. :)

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Mine feels the exact same way...sometimes taut and sometimes softer. I do notice it tends to be firm after peeing etc. I have had BH and I can tell when those happen but the hard belly isn't the same and I don't really know how to explain it to other people. Our uterus is a muscle though so I am sure it has some changes throughout the day. I am in constant feat or preterm labor but I feel like I would hopefully know if things became more organized
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am term and my belly is still soft sometimes, a lot of it is LO position.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    I always assumed when it was hard it was just LO being in that spot and close to the front of my uterus.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My belly is also feels hard sometimes while standing and soft other times while standing.  I feel like my belly is hard most of the time when my bladder is full.  I try to empty my bladder as soon as I feel it is filling up (which is very frequent).  I am unfortunately one of the unlucky ones who is having preterm contractions so I know what they feel like.  My obs are keeping an eye on my cervix.  As long as my the contractions don't change my cervix, it is ok.  And apparently this is normal for many women.  Basically, a BH is when your lower belly gets really tight for a few seconds and the pain travels to your groin area.  As long as this is not painful and you are not having 6/hour, you are ok.  I heard that in real labor contractions, the pain travels down to your butt and groin area.

BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"