Secondary IF
Options

I've been thinking...uterine lining and birthcontrol?

I've been thinking (read: "I am desperately wracking my brain) about my TTC and loss history. 

I was on birth control for years before stopping it to TTC our first...I went off BC a couple months before getting pregnant with my son.  I wonder if that helped me get pregnant? 

I know I have an implantation issue since I can get pregnant easily...my hormones have all been checked and it was all fine.  My losses may be because of chromosome issues (we have not been tested genetically yet)...and I do have the clotting issue but I've lost 2 pregnancies since starting the blood thinner so ?????.

So I am thinking...I wonder if my lining is too thick?  I wonder if the BC made my lining thinner so when I TTC#1 I didn't have any  problem at all.  Now that I've been off BC since 2008 the embryos can't attach.  When on my period...this is going to be TMI....I pass a huge amount of tissue and clots.  I know you usually hear the thicker the better but I have also read that too thick can be a problem.  You would think when I had an SIS done they would have seen it right?  They would have measured?

I'll talk to my RE but that seems like a plausible reason for all the chemical pregnancies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I've been thinking...uterine lining and birthcontrol?

• Options

They'll measure your lining with the RE every time you come in for a sonogram.

Which is a LOT.  If I were doing an IUI or IVF, I'd say the probe was seeing more action than the husband.  :-P

But you have an obvious culprit with your MTHFR, which I always mentally turn into something unprintable.  I'd confused that momentarily with one of the clotting disorders, but I did remember that it was a direct cause of miscarriages:

https://www.pregnancy-info.net/mthfr.html

"Elevated levels of homocysteine have been associated with placental disease, preeclampsia and recurrent pregnancy loss. 21% of women with high levels of homocysteine experience recurrent pregnancy loss."

So find out if your homocysteine levels are still high.  If they are, treat them even more aggressively.

Considering how insanely easily you get pregnant, I wouldn't really look much further than that.  You can see if you have a clotting disorder, too (which my RE checks for routinely), but lightning probably hasn't struck twice.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

Wow, MaybeMore has lots of good info.  Sounds like you have a great question for your RE.  I understand wracking your brain though - I do it too (oh, fess up ladies, we all do it!  LOL)  It's so hard seeking answers that seem impossible to find.  I'll keep my fingers crossed you get some answers and a success soon!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    imageMaybeMore:

But you have an obvious culprit with your MTHFR, which I always mentally turn into something unprintable. 

Ditto this - I always have to check the first thing that pops into my head!!!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options

Thanks Maybe for all that info!  You are right...it probably is just my MTHFR (which for the record I do say "motherf-er" mutation to my friends because that exactly what it is....a motherf-er).  I am just so thankful that I can get pregnant so very easy, we just have to figure out what's going on after it and why it's not attaching.

Homocysteine levels were never ever checked with my OB...he's a good doctor but I think he was a little in over his head with me.  I can't wait to get into my RE's hands.  I feel good about it and I am hopeful soon as I get checked over with her and start my treatment we'll be successful.

Thanks girls!  I should just chill out and not think about it until friday at my appointment.

• Options

HUGS to you sweetie!

Have you considered that your lining is too thin despite your blood work? Coming off of BC your body may have had a good Estrogen/Progesterone/LSH/FH balance where as now it may be off. Have you considered luteal phase defect? Do you ovulate late in your cycle or have too few days between Oing and getting your period?

One of my first steps once I see my 3rd ob/gyn is to have 10 blood draws during my 28 day cycle to determine what my Estrogen, Progesterone, LSH & FH are. I'm sure I have a hormonal issue.

https://recurrentearlymiscarriage.wordpress.com/

Thought I would share this blog with you. She is a friend I met a few years ago on here and went through many CP's as well. If you have any specific questions she'll be glad to help you!!!

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks Jess!  I had all that blood work done and it was all normal (at least for that cycle it was, I am not sure if it can change that much cycle to cycle). Lots of things to ask the doctor...I hope my inital appointment slot is at least an hour to have time to get through all my questions and concerns.

I'll go read that blog :)

• Options
    You might be right. I wondered the same about having an IUD and then people having chemical pregnancies after that. I actually am on BC right now and hoping to go off it and it help, since that is the way I conceived and had a successful pregnancy in the past. So frustrating not knowing why it worked once fine and can't seem to again...
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"