Upstate NY Babies

Just for 1 day... (nbr)

I want to be DH, just for 1 day. What a vacation it would be. Ever look at them and think that?

We're supposed to be doing a few cleaning projects before my out of town cousins visit the babies tomorrow. I've been in the nursery cleaning for almost an hour, just looked in the living room and he's asleep on the couch! He slept til 8:00! I was up with B at 5:00 and then 6:00 and I've been cleaning my butt off all day. Grrrr!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Just for 1 day... (nbr)

• haha, I was just thinking the same thing about my DH! He slept till almost 10 (but, I also "slept in" till almost 9, since Evan was at my parents) but now he's laying in our room watching some sporting event. I just walked in there and he was sleeping.... though he claims he was awake, and "listening" to the game, and the sun just wore him out (we were at the pool all afternoon w/ Evan). Sure buddy, just admit you're napping!

The man could sleep for days if I let him! I'm not a napper, so I just don't understand how he can get 10 hours of sleep overnight, and still fall asleep in the middle of the day!?

He worked like 55 hours last week, so I'm cutting him some slack today ;) If we were having company, and I needed help cleaning I'd be doing something really loud in the room he was sleeping in hopes of waking him up! ;) But I'm a b!tch like that!

• wendyjwendyj member
    I was thinking that the other day as I furiously cleaned the house on the one day off I had without Ian. He came in from teaching his class, complimented me on my progress, then proceeded to plop down on the couch and turn on ESPN. He did eventually get up and vacuum the living room for me, but that was only after I asked him to. Just once I'd like him to freak out about the state of our house and do some cleaning without me saying anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

I want to be DH, just for 1 day. What a vacation it would be. Ever look at them and think that?

ALL THE TIME!

I hate how I work 10 hrs and then come home to make dinner, clean up, bedtime.  I hate how on my days off, I do what he normally does plus housework.  I hate that he complains and asks when his day off is.....uhh it is every single minute that I am not at work.  Because as soon as I walk in the door you have zero responsibility and all free time.  I am happy that he is working out to lose weight and get in shape, but it annoys me to no end when like tonight his workouts start as soon as she is waking up from a nap and then he magically arrives home as soon as I have gotten her ready for bed in time for a goodnight kiss.

• I definitely know what you mean. It drives me crazy that DH does not seem to be the least bit bothered when the house is a wreck so he has no problem lounging around and relaxing even when it looks like a pigsty all around us. I just can not relax when things are messy like that, but he will not take any initiative to clean things up unless I ask him to and then I feel like a nag. He is very good about taking care of the outside chores and the house repairs and maintenance stuff though so I am thankful for that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejnk062602:
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

ALL THE TIME!

I hate how I work 10 hrs and then come home to make dinner, clean up, bedtime.  I hate how on my days off, I do what he normally does plus housework.  I hate that he complains and asks when his day off is.....uhh it is every single minute that I am not at work.  Because as soon as I walk in the door you have zero responsibility and all free time.  I am happy that he is working out to lose weight and get in shape, but it annoys me to no end when like tonight his workouts start as soon as she is waking up from a nap and then he magically arrives home as soon as I have gotten her ready for bed in time for a goodnight kiss.

I feel this way all the time.  I love my husband and he's a great father but he absolutely has the lighter load when it comes to J.  Sometimes I'm jealous of the fact that I can't seem to go to the bathroom alone but he can make the time he needs for things.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Heck yes. Dh is a great dad and he takes great care of us, but he had only gotten up with her early one time! And while I am almost never home without her, he spends his days off at home, relaxing and having his coffee while she is off at day care. If he had to be home with her, he would never do anything else, whereas I clean and cook and take care of her. The thing that drives me most nuts is if he is playing with her and I walk into another room to clean up or pee by myself, he brings her there and is like "oh look, there's momma!" just let me put my clothes away by myself.
    image        image
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    The thing that drives me most nuts is if he is playing with her and I walk into another room to clean up or pee by myself, he brings her there and is like "oh look, there's momma!" just let me put my clothes away by myself.

Oh my gosh, my DH does the same exact thing!  Just let me take a shower in peace!  I love being able to commiserate (?) with you ladies.  It drives me crazy that DH has no idea what goes in to making sure everything is in order.  Whether it's getting things ready for the day or making sure DD has everything she needs at day care, he is clueless.  Who is getting the diaper bag ready for when we leave the house?  Me.  Who is making sure she has something to eat?  Me.  I guess it's partially my fault though b/c I've just always done it, but things will definitely change when LO2 gets here!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • imageTinaL99:

imageIrisheyes1247:
    The thing that drives me most nuts is if he is playing with her and I walk into another room to clean up or pee by myself, he brings her there and is like "oh look, there's momma!" just let me put my clothes away by myself.

Oh my gosh, my DH does the same exact thing!  Just let me take a shower in peace!  I love being able to commiserate (?) with you ladies.  It drives me crazy that DH has no idea what goes in to making sure everything is in order.  Whether it's getting things ready for the day or making sure DD has everything she needs at day care, he is clueless.  Who is getting the diaper bag ready for when we leave the house?  Me.  Who is making sure she has something to eat?  Me.  I guess it's partially my fault though b/c I've just always done it, but things will definitely change when LO2 gets here!

He just did it to me again last night and DD isn't even here, she is staying at my mother's house. I was upstairs washing all the windows and he just popped in to WATCH me work. Dude, did it ever occur to you that you could be helping clean? 

image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"