Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Teeth- how do you reallly know?

DD has been drooling like a sieve for weeks now. And this week it has stepped up a notch. She puts everything in her mouth, of course, and is now biting the crap out of everything, me included.

I sometimes think I feel something in her mouth, then sometimes not.

How do you really know?

I had convinced myself that DD1 was getting teeth at 3 months, and she got her first one at 11 months. Shows what I know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teeth- how do you reallly know?

• PenDunPenDun member
    No clue, but B has been drooling like it's his job for months now. At 3 months I could swear he was getting his first tooth, and we still have none. So we're still waiting!
  • Jay's temp stays between 100.2-100.5 while he is teething. Then it takes a little great drops down to 98 something. Then back up right before another one is comming.
  • Loading the player...
  • I now it's teething when there tempers change from happy one day to nothing will please them the next.  But, other than there moods I wouldn't be able to tell. 
    10 MONTHS APART AND LOVIN IT! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • erbearerbear member
    I blame everything on teeth :)
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Sounds like teething to me.  My LO went through multiple bibs a day for a few months until his first tooth finally broke through at 6 months.  The massive drooling finally stopped once his tooth came in.  We are expecting another tooth pretty soon since he is started to chew on everything in site, but there is nothing visible yet.
  • I noticed a tiny little hole one day and the next day his first tooth came through. FWIW, we saw his pediatrician the morning after I noticed the hole and she said that it could still be weeks before the tooth popped through. But about five hours later, there it was.
  • ReeseMReeseM member

imageerbear:
    I blame everything on teeth :)

Me too! Today I said to DH, "there is no other answer. She is getting teeth. I bet it will be there within the week." And he laughed at me.  I'll show him :)

• DD was an early teether and I knew around 3 mos. she was teething but everyone thought I was nuts.  She was gnawing on everything, drooling, clear snot, diaper rash.  She now has 4 teeth but is working on 4 more.  Wah. 

How to know for sure - I could always feel her "bump" of a tooth and about a day before it cuts there is a "hole" in her gum.  She has three "holes" right now and I feel so bad for her, but she doesn't seem to mind.

• ReeseMReeseM member

imageKerryHS:
    Sounds like teething to me.  My LO went through multiple bibs a day for a few months until his first tooth finally broke through at 6 months.  The massive drooling finally stopped once his tooth came in.  We are expecting another tooth pretty soon since he is started to chew on everything in site, but there is nothing visible yet.

We go through at least 3 outfits a day, and multiple bibs. It is ridiculous!

• When DS's bottom teeth (the only ones he has so far) broke through, I could see that there was no gum covering the edge of them anymore. They hadn't really risen above the gums yet, but I could see the edges of the actual teeth.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • imagePenDun:
    No clue, but B has been drooling like it's his job for months now. At 3 months I could swear he was getting his first tooth, and we still have none. So we're still waiting!
    This is exactly us too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD its been very clear. She will wake up an hour after going to bed just crying inconsolable, very unlike her. During the day she will be super grumpy and clingy, also unlike her. This lasts 3 or 4 days and then the tooth pops. I can also usually see the tooth under the skin, but can't feel it (other than a bump). We haven't had any more drool or chewing on things though, just the grumpy baby for a couple of days before the tooth pops.
  • imageamwallace:
    During the day she will be super grumpy and clingy, also unlike her.

Hum... I know she is teething but I never considered the Clingy behavior.  Madi for the past two days wants to be held non-stop even if it means leaning over and "trying" to get back to where we just took her from... and crying non-stop if we set her down. 

We have given orajel a few times which seems to help... Some

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageamwallace:

Hum... I know she is teething but I never considered the Clingy behavior.  Madi for the past two days wants to be held non-stop even if it means leaning over and "trying" to get back to where we just took her from... and crying non-stop if we set her down. 

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageamwallace:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"