3rd Trimester

cramping at 29 weeks

I was just cuirous if anyone else has had any cramping (like period cramps) at 28/29 weeks. My dr says it is to early for me to have Braxton Hicks and it could be cause from my little guy moving/stretching. I dont know if I should be worried about anything or if it is really just from the baby moving. I have a dr appt Thursday and plan to discuss this with him further

Re: cramping at 29 weeks

• Im 28 wks and it happens to me. My doctor told me its about normal for me to be cramping. It just your body getting ready for labor nothing to be scared or worried about at all. Plus it has a lot to do w- the movement,weight,streaching of the baby.But if you want to be on the safe side asking your doctor will help!!!!!!

• imageNicoleKramer:

I was just cuirous if anyone else has had any cramping (like period cramps) at 28/29 weeks. My dr says it is to early for me to have Braxton Hicks and it could be cause from my little guy moving/stretching. I dont know if I should be worried about anything or if it is really just from the baby moving. I have a dr appt Thursday and plan to discuss this with him further

I've been having them for weeks - since 14 I think.  I am surprised your doc told you it isn't normal.  Cramping, moving, stretching - all normal right now.  It is if you can time them that you have to think about contractions and possibly worry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with you, but it's not BH, just really aggressive movement by LO.  Today's been kind of bad, but since my doc thinks that LO is still breech (I'll find out for sure in a few weeks) I'm okay with the cramping in hopes that it means he's turning around to the right position.
    Photobucket
    My two angels

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I started getting period like cramping at 30 weeks (kind of suddenly, I hadn't had that since 1st tri, just RLP for most of 2nd) and have had it off and on since then.
  • BH contractions can definitely start earlier than 29 weeks! I've been experiencing them since 18 weeks. Some of us are just lucky, and can feel what's going on in our uterus a little better than others. As a plus, that means I got to feel baby moving earlier than most. :D

It's also highly possible that you're cramping more from dehydration. I've been pounding water all day, and I still have been having BH and feeling a little off. It's hot out lately!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"