3rd Trimester

Hands and Feet going numb?

Hi ladies, I have a doctor appointment tmrw so I am gonna ask him but have any of you had this happen? I can use my hands for very little time and they start to tingle and get kind of numb and so do my feet. When I get up to use the restroom at night as soon as I stand up my feet are tingeling and kind of hurting. I just don't know what could cause it. Any Ideas? TIA

Re: Hands and Feet going numb?

• Both of my arms go numb when I sleep. I asked my OB this past Thursday and she just said it's another pregnancy related issue. She said if you hands are going numb that you can wear those braces.

I also wear compression tights at night when I feel my legs getting numb or have restless leg syndrome. They work very well.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Totally normal...had it last pregnancy and already in this pregnancy.  Related to swelling pressing on your nerves.  Went away as soon as I gave birth.  Not much you can do about it.  The wrist braces helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep I've had the same issue with my hands - for me it's pregnancy/swelling induced carple tunnel :P And yeah aside from wearing a brace haven't read much about making it feel better but have been told too it should go away when the baby is born.
  • Yeah, it sucks.  My doc said it's carpal tunnel brought on by pregnancy swelling.  I haven't been able to feel my fingers for weeks.  In the morning it is the worst because my whole hand will be numb, but it lessens throughout the day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had my feet go numb yet but I have had issues with my hands and arms.  I thought it was carpel tunnel related to pregnancy and it was just happening in my right hand.  It started lasting longer and happening more often as well as in my left hand.  I asked my doc at my appointment on Friday.  She said that it should go away shortly after I have LO... it's mainly due to the increased blood flow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same problem. While waiting for my appointment 3 weeks ago I rested my head on my hand, arm on the arm of the chair in the waiting room, 2 minutes later my hand went numb.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started having this about 4 or 5 weeks ago like everyone else said its a pregnancy thing but the chiropractor helped mine alot !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"