December 2011 Moms

Swing and bouncer?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Swing and bouncer?

• Do you NEED it? No.

But we had both and were thankful. (If we had to pick one I'd pick the swing) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• I would say yes... They out grow the swings so fast and the bouncers are great for leg strength.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would think you just need one, unless you have tons of space. When I nannied a few years ago, we just had a swing that moved on its own and baby loved it.

Side note: the bouncers are supposed to be really bad for baby's legs and feet- they may end up walking strangely and can even hurt themselves. The mom of the baby I nannied worked with physical therapists, so she would have nothing to do with bouncers. My cousin, who is an occupational therapist and RN, let her babies occasionally use a bouncer that someone gave them. My cousin's twins and the baby I nannied turned out just fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We registered for a bouncer/vibrator seat, and a swing. The bouncer can be taken anywhere, and folds up for easy transportation when we go to any of the grandparents house. Hopefully our L/O likes it. The swing is also highly rated, and the one we registered for can swing either direction. (Little Bunny FP swing.) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had neither when DS was born and ended up borrowing a bouncy seat and buying a swing. We ended up using both. Some babies like one or the other. Some like both. Some like neither. If you can borrow one first, even just to try out before buying, that's what I'd recommend.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I registered for a swing that turns into a high chari (Fisher Price brand at walmart if you are interested) and a Rock n Play.
  • You CAN get both, but I get the feeling it's one or the other. Read: Swings and Bouncers
    Expecting a miracle this year!
  • I just had a new mom recomend getting a swing, bouncer AND infant seat/rocker because when her LO gets bored with one she's usually happy to move into the next one and stays content for a while, then the next one and so on. They are easy to find cheap when bought used, so I say if it makes my job easier, why not?
  • imagelinaboop:

Side note: the bouncers are supposed to be really bad for baby's legs and feet- they may end up walking strangely and can even hurt themselves. The mom of the baby I nannied worked with physical therapists, so she would have nothing to do with bouncers. My cousin, who is an occupational therapist and RN, let her babies occasionally use a bouncer that someone gave them. My cousin's twins and the baby I nannied turned out just fine.

I don't think you are thinking the same thing as she is talking about.  From what you said, it seems like you are thinking of a jumperoo/exersaucer type thing.  There is no way the bouncy seats could harm a baby's legs or affect the way a child would walk.

• I don't see a NEED for anything like this. I myself am struggling with trying to pick just one (swing, bouncer, etc) to start with. I've heard a lot of stories about LOs hating swings.

DH and I just picked up a small swing at Target. We probably would have passed it up but it was on clearance for $20 (reg. $50). For that price I'll try it! We do have a bouncer on our registery too. If others gift these items then great. But I'm not going to rush out to get them right away. Test the waters, see what LO might like. If he/she hates what you pick out maybe then find something else to try.  

• imageskleidon21:
    I would say yes... They out grow the swings so fast and the bouncers are great for leg strength.

A bouncer is different than a jumper.  A bouncer is more for newborns.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We got both at my shower when I was pregnant with our first and I am thankful we had both because my son hated the swing but loved his vibrating bouncer. It was aweome to have it handy and just be able to pull it out. My daughter was opposite and preferred the swing so we used it more with her. So we've got great use out of both.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A Swing! OMG - a swing is a life saver. It worked for my little brother, sister and my daughter. A lot of the new swings even have detachable chairs that become bouncers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"