December 2011 Moms
Options

Possibly TMI...about S.E.X.

Ok, I have my next appt this Wednesday, but I thought I'd ask just in case some of you other girls have had this...issue...

Sex is so painful! I was on pelvic restrictions from week 10-20, and at week 20 she lifted them. I am now 23 weeks, and DH and I have only had sex maybe 3-4 times since then. It hurts so bad! It isn't that it's dry (I know I know, TMI), it's almost like a burning pain.

I'm wondering if I have a yeast infection or something else going on. I have more discharge, but I've had that almost entire pregnancy...nothing new. I've had yeast infections in the past and this doesn't seem like one, but just wondering what it could be...just want to be able to enjoy sex with my DH...

Sorry again if it's TMI, just looking to see if anyone else is having this problem :)

I am going to bring it up to my OB on wednesday, just thought I'd throw it out there now :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possibly TMI...about S.E.X.

• Options

I love how you're already in mommy mode and spelling out sex....

I haven't had that problem specifically, but I do have times when sex is uncomfortable.  I'd be curious what your OB says, or if anyone else has experienced it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't know what could be causing that, but I thought I'd chime in about a possible yeast infection.  I got one in the early stages of my pregnancy and didn't even know it until the pap results came in and my doc called me.  She said that a lot of times those infections are symptomless when you're pregnant...so maybe you do have one but it only bothers you during sex?  Just a thought.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekaymaroo:
    I really don't know what could be causing that, but I thought I'd chime in about a possible yeast infection.  I got one in the early stages of my pregnancy and didn't even know it until the pap results came in and my doc called me.  She said that a lot of times those infections are symptomless when you're pregnant...so maybe you do have one but it only bothers you during sex?  Just a thought.

I am starting to wonder if I have that problem too. It only bothers me during sex and last time my labia burned when I peed afterward. (Sorry for the TMI) I am planning on calling the doc tomorrow and if they can't see me, getting one of the at home yeast infection tests. 

Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• Options
    imageemadlma:

imagekaymaroo:

I am starting to wonder if I have that problem too. It only bothers me during sex and last time my labia burned when I peed afterward. (Sorry for the TMI) I am planning on calling the doc tomorrow and if they can't see me, getting one of the at home yeast infection tests. 

This is how I knew I had another yeast infection.  At about 10 weeks I had one that was diagnosed with my PAP and my only symptoms I had attributed to pregnancy.  Sex was uncomfortable and I just thought maybe I was dry on the inside because of hormones...nope.  After 7 days of treatment I was back to normal.  Last week we tried sex and it was too dry and burney.  I consulted my doctor and he agreed to do another 7 day treatment.  So I would definitely check.   My only other symptoms are extra discharge and a slight irritation.  Hope you find some relief!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not saying that it's not a yeast infection but when I brought up that exact concern to my OB, I was told that some unfortunate women do have that problem during pregnancy. She tells her patients if it hurts, don't do it :/....During first tri I had to refrain because it was so painful/burning but the last time we tried a few days ago it wasn't as bad. She didn't give me any insight as to why some have it painful and others don't just that I was "normal"...hth
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"