Cloth Diapering

Newborn Stash - Input Please

I got the trial package from Jillian's Drawers which includes:

3 infant prefolds, 3 XS prefolds, 1 snappi,  4 Kissaluvs fitteds, 2 thirsties covers, 1 prowrap cover, 1 BG AIO, 1 BG v.4 OS pocket, and 1 thirsties duo pocket.

I'm thinking of getting a dozen newborn orange edge prefolds from GMD, 6 workhorse fitted newborn from GMD, 1 BG AIO, 1 RaR G2 OS, 2 more covers, and 2 more snappis to complete my stash.

What do you think?

Also, any input on GMD workhorse fitted prefolds? Are they good? 

TTC Since 01/09
Unexplained IF
Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn Stash - Input Please

• Do you plan on buying all of the dipes in the trial or are you asking what else you need to get by during the three weeks? The os aren't going to fit a nb. My first couldn't wear os until she was 3 months. If you want to wash every other day, I recommend 30 diapers. Nbs poop and pee a lot. I used gmd prefolds and liked them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I'm asking if with the stash above I can get by with washing every other day during the 3 weeks trial. With the trial dipes I'm planning to keep the ones I like and buy more of those before returning the ones I don't like.

If I take away the OS from my list I still have 31 diapers, counting my prefolds, fitteds, AIOs and pockets. Am I wrong? 

TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesweetpea18:
    Do you plan on buying all of the dipes in the trial or are you asking what else you need to get by during the three weeks? <b>The os aren't going to fit a nb.</b> My first couldn't wear os until she was 3 months. If you want to wash every other day, I recommend 30 diapers. Nbs poop and pee a lot. I used gmd prefolds and liked them.

It really depends on the baby. DD has been wearing OS since birth, so it can definitely happen. RaRs I find to be the most true to the 'one size fits all' claim. They fit her snugly since the start, whereas other OS diapers were a bit looser.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sort of wish I hadn't been so diverse in my diaper-buying for the NB stage.  I really loved prefolds and covers, and I bought a lot of different kinds thinking I'd hate using prefolds.  

You really only need one or two snappis.  I had three, and it was overkill. 

I did like the Workhorse fitteds from GMD!  I actually have 8 for sale at a really good price if you're interested.  :)  Just PM me! 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"