Baby Names

What would you pick between...

Sawyer or Hunter for a boy, and Grace, Jillian or Heidi for a girl? Or none of the above? MNs are either James or Roman, and Christina (all family names).

DH recently put Sawyer on the table and he's in love with it. Its growing on me, however I keep reading about it being a girls name also. I personally cant see it on a girl at all, but have never met a Sawyer, either gender, irl. I do not want to use a neutral name, but H loves it so much. Is it really common for a girl?

Thanks so much for the opinions!

Re: What would you pick between...

• I like Sawyer and Hunter for boys I also love Roman with them.

Love Grace and Heidi not so much Jillian.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • I love Sawyer and Grace!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Heidi and Roman for FNs
  • TBH, I like Sawyer better as a girls' name and I think it would sound pretty if you paired it with Grace. However, I've never actually met anyone named Sawyer -- boy or girl -- and the only time I've seen it used as a girls' name was in a movie, 

I don't really see why it matters, though, if the name is unisex as long as you both love it and think it would fit well with your family.  If I were you, I'd use it for a boy or girl, but in case you decide not to use it, here are combos I like from the names you've listed:

Hunter Roman

Heidi Christina Grace  

TTCAL PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Jillian or Grace

neither for a boy

• I can't really choose between Sawyer and Hunter. I don't like either of them at all.

Love Grace and Jillian! I don't think you can go wrong with either of those. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Hunter James for a boy, Heidi for a girl.  I'm not such a fan of Jillian.  I think of Sawyer as a girls name. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • I dislike Hunter and Sawyer. I think Roman James or James Roman are great names!

I like Grace and Jillian for girls. 

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • I would choose Hudson over the two choices.  I actually like Roman the best.   I like Jillian for the girl's name.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd pick Hunter and Grace.  Sawyer does not sound like a girl name to me at all.
  • imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    I love Sawyer and Grace!!
    this!
  • My vote is Heidi or Jillian because they are more unique than Grace.  Grace is SO popular right now, but if you love it, go for it.  I know one little girl named Sawyer.  Before that, I hadn't heard it as a fn before.  Neither boy name is my style :(

• Sawyer James is good, but it's got a strong connection to LOST. That may or may not bother you. I'm not a fan of Hunter.

Grace Christina would be my girl choice. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• If Sawyer is a common girls name, it shouldn't be! Its NMS for a boy either. Of the boy names you chose I would go with Roman James. For a girl, I don't know that Christina flows with any of the firsts you chose, what about Christina Grace?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sawyer James- for boy

Heidi Christina- Girl

I dont consider Sawyer a girls name....but seriously right now almost any name can be gender neutral if you would like...or so it seems

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sawyer James or Roman James/Jillian Christina - Sawyer should definitely not be used for a girl IMO
  • LOVE Sawyer for a boy, it is our top boy name, and we are uding James as a MN, too!  Great minds think alike :)  For the girls, I really like Jillian.  I feel like Grace is sort of overdone, Hillary makes me think of Fresh Prince...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hunter and Grace
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I love Sawyer and Grace.  I also love Sawyer for a girl:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemcromer:
    Sawyer James or Roman James/Jillian Christina - Sawyer should definitely not be used for a girl IMO

This

• My cousin named his second son Sawyer - :) very nice name for a little boy
  • imageDawnJM25:

My vote is Heidi or Jillian because they are more unique than Grace.  Grace is SO popular right now, but if you love it, go for it.  I know one little girl named Sawyer.  Before that, I hadn't heard it as a fn before.  Neither boy name is my style :(

Yes

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Hunter James and Heidi Christina.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Sawyer for a boy and Grace for a girl. For me, they were easy decisions.
  • imagemommybrynn:
    LOVE Sawyer for a boy, it is our top boy name, and we are uding James as a MN, too!  Great minds think alike :)  For the girls, I really like Jillian.  I feel like Grace is sort of overdone, Hillary makes me think of Fresh Prince...

Where the heck did I get Hillary from??  Anyways, I like Heidi a lot :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • loving the names! hunter james and jillian christina.
  • I like Heidi Christina. 

I don't like occupation names at all.  I do like James.  Maybe James Roman?

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I LOVE Hunter James!

Jillian Christine was on our list for a while, so I'm partial to Jillian Christina.  Besides that, Heidi Christina doesn't sound right to me.

• I have a hard time imagining Sawyer on a child, as I named my cat that about 5 years ago. But....a friend then named her son Sawyer, and he is the cutest little boy. I definately dont see it as a girl name.

I really like Jillian for a girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally don't like Hunter or Sawyer at all.  I do like James and Roman.

I also like Jillian and Christina a lot.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks very much for all the opinions! Roman and James are very close family members FNs and why we'd like to stay away from them as our lo's FN. Im going to let Sawyer marinate a little longer, and we'll see if it stays on the list or not. We've still got some time. :)

For the girls, I dislike how popular Grace is but its the only name Ive ever really loved (and DH agrees). Now that we actually have to pick one, Im looking for other options however if it comes down to it we might stick with it regardless of the popularity.

Thanks again! :)

• I don't like Sawyer or Hunter. I guess I'd pick Sawyer because it's less hick-sounding. Your girls names are great. I like Heidi the best.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • For a girl I like Grace.

For a boy I don't like your fn choices, but I like James and Roman.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like all three girl names, but Jillian is my favorite. I hate Sawyer and Hunter. I can't vote.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sawyer James and Heidi Christina!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like Sawyer and Heidi
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • sawyer roman and grace christina are my picks
  • I am so so so jealous that your husband loves Sawyer! Its my very favorite and he hates it. I think it's total boy, I don't get the gender neutral-ness of this name. Come on, Tom Sawyer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"