Baby Names
Options

Adrian

When I hear this name I immediately think of a female. I know an Adrian and an Adrienne. However, I really like it for a boy and (of course) I know of Adrien Brody.
Should it be spelled Adrien or Adrian? I think -en makes it more masculine looking.
Just wondering everyone's thoughts and any suggestions for a MN...definitely something extra masculine!
IAmPregnant Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Adrian

• Options

I like the name. 

I like the Adrian spelling the most.

=D 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Adrian. Good name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ella85Ella85 member
    I like it. I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be spelled with an "a" but I prefer the "e" spelling. Just like how I like Aiden better than Aidan. I think maybe to me the e looks more masculine. But both ways = a good strong name. 

Married 8-02-08

After 3 years TTC with PCOS and two losses Olivia Nikelle was born 4-08-13

TTC #2 Since August 2014

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think either spelling is fine--neither looks more masculine to me. I have always thought of Adrienne to be the female spelling. I like the name, but you will get people referencing the Rocky movies.

• Options

I think of boy.

Adrian Reid

Adrian Cormac

Adrian Bruce

Adrian Lawrence

Adrian Charles

Adrian Josiah

Adrian Christopher

Adrian Felix

Adrian Thaddeus

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    I love Adrian, spelled this way, I think boy!
  • Options

Honestly, I think girl, mostly because of Secret Life of the American Teenager. Sadly, haha. But I do like the name for a boy, and for some reason, I prefer Adrien.

Adrien Pierre
    Adrien Oliver
    Adrien Clement
    Adrien Lukas
    Adrien Blaise
    Adrien Leo
    Adrien Marcel

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I love the name Adrian...it's our top pick right now!  I was also concerned about it sounding too much like a girls name, but the name has been growing on me more and more.  We'll use either Jeffrey (DH's name) or William (my dad's name) as a mn.

As for spelling, we considered Adriaen (the Dutch spelling) since we both have grandparents/great grandparents who immigrated from the Netherlands.  However, we figured that would get too confusing, and the extra vowel really isn't necessary in English.  We're going to stick with Adrian...partly because we plan to send our kids to a Spanish Immersion school and Adrian is the Spanish spelling.   (FWIW--Adrian is the #5 boy's name in Spain).

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always think boy 100%. It's a nice name. Definitely keep the "an".

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAlphabetFish:
    I think either spelling is fine--neither looks more masculine to me. I have always thought of Adrienne to be the female spelling. I like the name, but you will get people referencing the Rocky movies.

Thats the 1st thing I thought of too & why it wont be making our list at all!
  • Options

I love Adrian!  

Adrian Grant

Adrian Lucas

Adrian Nicholas 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    seb09seb09 member
    Definitely makes me think boy.  I used to love the name until I saw the movie Rosemary's Baby... ruined it for me.  :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Adrian (English spelling) / Adrien (French spelling) = boy 

Adrienne = Girl

Female with name spelled Adrian = parents were either didn't realize that the female form of the name is spelled differently or were trying to give their daughter a more masculine looking name

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"