Cloth Diapering

Caring for OBV and CV?

Someone posted a link a few weeks ago that talked about how different diaper materials need different types of care (i.e. MF flattens and becomes less effective after repeated drying on hot; hemp has to get super, super dry or it degrades).

I recently got some very, very well used GM that are CV. I had to replace the elastic, and the material is practically falling off in some places (these must be VERY well loved and I probably wouldn't have bought them if the description had been accurate, and the seller won't contact me back... but hey).

Anyway, it got me to thinking about how cushy and silky OBV and CV are... is there any special steps to ensure when caring for these diapers?

Is the dryer too hard fitteds like GM and TT over time? Is it better to line dry them? Or maybe they don't get dry enough on the line?

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

Re: Caring for OBV and CV?

• dcnmdcnm member
    I think drying OBV and CV on high heat is hard on the fibers.  I try to line dry and then just fluff in the dryer on low or no heat for a few minutes.  I also do a soak in Ecover fabric softener once in a while to get things silky again Smile
  • Have you ever tried vinegar as a fabric softener? I read that it helps too.

I haven't tried ecover, but maybe I will!

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • dcnmdcnm member
    I haven't used vinegar because I'm so addicted to the Ecover! The one with the pink cap smells SO good, and it makes the diapers ridiculously silky. I only use it once per month because I'm afraid of buildup with my hard water, but it's such a treat when I get all my diapers stripped and softened!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"