Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP from PAL c-section ladies, pain question

For those of you who had a c-section, how much pain is normal?  My  incision looks good and there is no pain there but to the right side and slightly above my incision has been the sorest area since the surgery.  Today it is really hurting (kind of like the most intense period cramp ever), even with taking the pain medication I have been prescribed.  I have never had any type of surgery before so this whole recovery process is brand new to me.  TIA
6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: XP from PAL c-section ladies, pain question

• My incision, and all around it, was very sore for a couple weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds similar to what I had.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • sounds similar to my recovery, LO is 6 weeks old and I still have a little pain in my abdomen but nothing like it was before. 
  • You had major abdominal surgery, cut yourself some slack. Sounds typical. As long as you don't have a temp and as long as the incision looks good, I wouldn't worry. Make sure you aren't doing too much during the day. Take it slow and steady.
  • A c section is major surgery. Not uncommon to be painful for quite a while.  I was taking narcotic pain meds for 2 weeks with motrin and tylenol around the clock.  Once off the narcotics, i still took motrin and tylenol for another 2 weeks.

I am almost 9wks out now and am still tender at times after doing a lot.

It will get better, hang in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"