3rd Trimester

anxiety has set in.... anyone else?

I have waited 39 years to be a mother.  Finding the right man and then the right time has been such a wonderful journey.  Now that I am on the downhill side of my pregnancy, I feel so anxious.  I won't have my crib and dresser until after he/she is born, but I do have a cradle.  I hardly have anything really ready.  Please tell me I am normal and peace will overcome soon!  or am I beginning the roller coaster of my life?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anxiety has set in.... anyone else?

• I too have waited until I am 38yrs old to be a mother.  I also do not have anything but a car seat and a stroller.  The room isn't cleared of junk so it cannot yet be painted.  I don't have any crib or bassinet for her.  I don't have a single outfit to even bring her home in.  I hope peace will come to me soon too.  I have days when I am excited about her arrival and days when I think maybe I waited this long because I shouldn't be a mother.  Then of course I feel guilty about that.  I am scared out of my wits about her birth and about how her arrival will change the rest of my life.  I have loved her though from the moment I found out I was pregnant.  My T&P are with you. Good luck to you and your little one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love and peace to you both!

All a baby needs is your loving arms, Mommas!

• Loading the player...
  • When you start to freak out, remember that for CENTURIES that all a baby had was a mother & the dirt floor.  All the hype around things that the baby needs is mostly marketing.  Yes, the baby needs diapers of whatever kind, but beyond that & a few items of clothing, all he/she will need is you at first.  You will have 18+ years to buy things for the baby...you can decide what you need when the baby comes!  :D
    *if you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am such a procrastinator and having things ready for this child is no exception.  In the last couple of days I have been having the thoughts of "holy crap, I'm going to be a mom!" I'm terrified that I am going to be the one responsible for this little person. I can see myself with a child, just not one that I can't give back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are totally normal, how could anyone not be anxious? Having a baby is such an adventure and I don't know that anything can prepare us for it. I am totally worried. I look around my house and wonder if the nursery will ever be finished, do I have all the basics, and then I look at my husband and myself and wonder if we are up to the task. ( Smile)-I think the one saving is we have two cats that we have managed to successfully "parent".  I know I will look back on this and laugh, like when he graduates college.Party!!!

SMS
  • I suggest you see the documentary "Babies". It's actually on Netflix right now.  It won't take you long to realize that all your LO needs is LOVE! You have time to get the rest and decide what you will REALLY need. It's funny because I've been stressed out about getting the nursery all ready but in reality, he will be sleeping in our room in the cradle for the first few months anyways. All of the other "stuff" can wait so don't stress if you don't have tons of gear yet. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • You're completely normal and I'm impressed that you haven't gone out and stolen a crib and dresser by this point.

I had almost a week of meltdowns because I was terrified that I wouldn't be ready for the baby (I was 27 weeks at the time) and then my mother arrived at my house to stay for a couple of weeks.

We have completely reorgnaized every single thing in my house, washed the walls/floors/blinds/carpets/garbage cans, washed the babies clothes, got the crib, killed every weed in my yard, and still had time to eat ice cream.

I have turned into an absolute mental case about getting ready for the baby and when I wasn't able to, it had me so stressed out that I was crying constantly. Part of pregnancy seems to involve the need to do things at a frantic pace and if you're unable to do those things, you're going to feel anxiety.

Try to find something that you can do. Fold things repeatedly, buy diapers, make your partner rearrange all the furniture in the house so that it's more baby friendly. Find things that you can do and that will calm your need to prepare. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in no way ready for my little girl to come out. We are still trying to get rid of the fleas in the house, we have to do her nursery still. My baby shower isn't until the end of August. I want to clean, and organzie the house. Im not due til Oct 8th but I feel like things will never get done.

I think things will turn out the way they are suppose to and will eventually get done when the time is right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"