Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone with no natural progress have a successful induction?

I've been browsing the Birth Story board and it seems like all the successful induction stories I've read were moms who were already dilated/effaced when they went in.  I still haven't made any progress and I haven't noticed anything different with my body (like cramping or sharp pains, etc.) so I'm expecting nothing has changed since my 39w appt.  My induction is scheduled for 40w6d and I'm afraid it won't be successful for me if I'm still high thick and closed when I go in.  Anyone have a success story that starts out like this?  Please share!!

Me: 32  H: 34
DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
TTC #3 since October 2017

Re: Anyone with no natural progress have a successful induction?

• Options
    I was favorable going into my induction. However, my labor buddy who was due on the same day, had her baby on the same day as me at the same hospital was 0/0 going into the induction. She went in the day before I did for cervadil, pitocin the next day and a baby within 12 hours. She also didn't have any contractions or anything until she was in labor with the Pitocin. She delivered vaginally and pushed for about 3 hrs. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I was "fingertip" dilated when I went in for my induction at 39 weeks and 3 days. I got 2 doses of cytotec to ripen my cervix and that got me to about 3 centimeters...they broke my water and a couple hours later started pitocin. After they started the pitocin she was born about 6 hours later. So I would count that as a success!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was basically 0/0 as well when I went in. My water broke randomly at week 34 and I had to be induced with pitocin. I had contractions for about 9 hours before I asked for the epidural and then I delivered 5 hours later with about 2 minutes of pushing since baby was so small. I waited on getting the epi because I'd heard that getting it delays your progress, not realizing that that meant natural progress, not induced progress. Once I got the epi, it went quicker because they were able to up the pitocin levels without me feeling anything. Anyone who is going to be induced should get the epi sooner rather than later so that they can get through the process more quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was in that situation with my first and ended up with an easy vaginal delivery. Good luck!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was maybe 1/2cm when I went in for Cervadil. My water broke the next morning on its own and everything progressed very quickly. I had LO 9 hours later. I was very nervous about being induced and can not be happier with the way mine went. Best of luck to you.
  • Options

i was nothing at my appointment 3 days prior, maybe 1 cm (the nurse was "being generous") when i was admitted...and had DD less then 10 hrs later after only receiving cervadil for about 5 hours

good luck! hopefully you will go into labor on your own before then!!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, these stories make me feel much better about induction!!  Hopefully I'll be joining you on this board soon :)

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Options
    cas889cas889 member
    I went 41 weeks with NO progress whatsoever.  My doc inserted the cervadil just before 6pm on Thursday and I started to really feel the contractions around 1am.  Around 5:30am, I was 4cm, at 7ish I was 7cm and I delivered at 10:02 after about an hour of pushing. 
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"