August 2011 Moms
Options

what do you think...animals and labor?

What do you think? Do you think animals can sense the onset of labor? I def think they can sense pregnancy but I was wondering labor? Just thought it was interesting.

Plus if it is true, my one cat has been extra clingy with me today and thought it was interesting. Thats what got me thinking about this question :) 

Re: what do you think...animals and labor?

• Options
    I was induced so my situation is a little different. I was induced on a Thursday...all morning they were attached to me and acting different.  I think they realized something wasn't right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm... My dog has been clingy today, too, and she's barking at me to pay attention to her right now... There might be something to this...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dog has been extra clingy since I hit around 37 weeks, so since then I've been convinced I'm going into labor, lol.
  • Options
    KD+BCKD+BC member
    I have no idea if they know about labor but my animals definitely sense pregnancy, or at least that something is different. My cat likes to curl up next to my belly while I sleep at night which is something he has never done before. My dog is losing his hair is patches. We took him to 2 different vets and have had ever test done possible and he has tested negative for it all. It could be allergies but he's never had a problem like that before. I think he is just stressed. He knows something is different and is easily stressed due to abuse and neglect before we got him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That would be awesome since my huge German Shepherd has been trying to live in my lap today. But if it's because I'm gonna go into labor soon...I can deal with that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hmmmm..interesting. It would be really cool if any of our little furry friends were correct :)
  • Options
    With LO#1 my water partially broke on at midnight on a Saturday. The cat was meowing at the door. We let him in and I didn't leak that much so I didn't think my water broke, just that I might have peed in bed. Sunday night, I got a big goosh of water leaking and before I told my husband the cat was meowing like crazy outside our bedroom door. So yes, I do believe that animals can sense (smell) these things a-coming! Wonder if he will do it again if my water breaks in the middle of the night or whenever it happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since our pets are still acting normal, can I say I hope you're wrong without sounding rude? lol! 
  • Options
    Friday when I started having contractions I have noticed my dogs wanting to be with me a lot more.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think some pets can, but my kitten is a little princess and still cannot fathom anything outside of herself.  She is not even a year old so its expected, but I would be shocked if she paid attention to anything that wasn't a play toy or food.
    Crayola, Crayola Rocks!
    White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot
    White Knot Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My vet told me that animals can sense the shifting in hormones etc that relate to labor but it doesn't mean that the day they start acting weird is the day it is going to happen...just that it is going to happen sooner, rather than later.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I went into labor on Monday night - with very mild contractions starting earlier in the day. My husky/German shepherd mix was glued to my side all day long, starting at about 6:00 Monday morning. He usually follows me and sits at my feet everywhere I go, but we're talking serious clinginess, to include pushing his way under my arm to lick my chin, and leaning against me every chance he got. Yes, I do think that he knew.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"