April 2012 Moms
Options

2+ Mamas...what are you MORE afraid of...

...than you were the first time.

- Hemorrhoids.  Ugh.

- Reaction from my employers when I tell them.  I just came back to work in January.  I can kiss my promotion g'bye.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: 2+ Mamas...what are you MORE afraid of...

• Options
    - Being tired.  There's a lot more at stake now that we have the baby.  Before, I could sleep days away.  Up all night, no problemo, just sleep all day.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member

- Definitely hemorrhoids. I still am suffering from those suckers from the first time so I'm sure it's just going to get worse. 

- I'm off and on about my repeat c-section. Sometimes I'm relieved that it'll be planned and other times I'm worried about another major abdominal surgery. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

-the sleepless nights again

-the terrible heartburn

-I'm afraid of not being able to hold my urine....when the baby gets bigger (2nd time moms you know what I mean) lol

and i agree hemorrhoids...yuck

• Options
    sam19sam19 member

- When M/S hits, my child is going to run roughshod over me. Actually, she'll probably stand over me and pretend to puke as well.

- Not being able to nap whenever the I want. Or when the sleepless nights come with a new baby.

-N being jealous. Or her being all up in the baby's business since she is a bit of a mommy herself and needs to be in any baby's face that she sees.

Oh man. I have so many fears about this it isn't even funny. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    imagesam19:

Oh man. I have so many fears about this it isn't even funny. 

Me too!

• Options

1st Tri Exhaustion and taking care of two kids (one that I am still nursing)

Being way pregnant and taking care of two kids.

Having three kids when it's all said and done.  lol

• Options
    imageDamnliz:

-the sleepless nights again

-the terrible heartburn

-I'm afraid of not being able to hold my urine....when the baby gets bigger (2nd time moms you know what I mean) lol

and i agree hemorrhoids...yuck

My youngest doesn't STTN as it is so I figure I'll just go from totally exhaustion to more total exhaustion!  Right now the little one is up anywhere from 2-5 times a night to nurse!

• Options

EVERYTHING that was stated above!

* tearing again during delivery.  Oh the horrible recovery...

* sleepless nights.  DS is a GREAT sleeper.  I am worried that #2 won't be.

* DS being jealous.  My 1 year old niece was over on Friday and he was taking every toy she wanted to play with.  Not a good sign.

* Have the same horrible pregnancy with #2 as I did with DS - getting CTS again, not being able to sleep, having to wear the pregnancy back brace again,  having MS from 6 weeks until I delivered, having back labor, of the list goes on and on!

* dealing with DS while being preg.

I am glad I am not the only one who is nervous!

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

A lot of mine have already been mentioned -

- 1st and 3rd tri exhaustion and having to take care of Ella

- having really bad morning sickness

- the exhaustion that comes with taking care of a newborn AND a toddler

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to give Ella the attention she needs. I know it's a given that my time is going to be split between the two, but I'm so used to just having her that I'm scared I won't be able to handle it well.

• Options
    imageErinKD:

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to give Ella the attention she needs. I know it's a given that my time is going to be split between the two, but I'm so used to just having her that I'm scared I won't be able to handle it well.

Oh THIS!!  I also have to stop calling DS "baby."  

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagejbaron:
    imageErinKD:

Oh THIS!!  I also have to stop calling DS "baby."  

I still call my older one baby.  She will always be my first baby!  Although most of the time I call them my big baby and my little baby. 

• Options
    Oh no, you guys are scaring me with the tearing and the hemorrhoids! YIKES!  This is my first, but I thought I would just pop on here and see what 2nd time mommies were faced with.  It's scary, but I guess it's better to know what will be coming, right?..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageErinKD:

definitely this and a lot of other things that were mentioned above.Also...

- I had a very easy labor/delivery/pregnancy with ds and I'm scared this one is going to be horrible.

- I work in a school and had a month off before DS was born, this time I will be working until the end... not sure how I will handle that plus exhaustion toward the end.

- Just remembering in general how to take care of a newborn and going through all the stages again.

The biggest thing is definitely how ds with adjust and handling them both while keeping up with work, cleaning, and heading out of the house with 2! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tore right at the very end and holy crap, that sucked.  But I really think the hemmies were worse.  I'm scared I'll have to go back to work after 8 weeks.  At 8w PP with DD, I still coudln't sit down.
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member

I forgot my biggest fear. PPD again. I had it so bad last time that I ended up being hospitalized when my daughter was 3 weeks old. I'm just so afraid of going through it again this time but hopefully we'll know how to recognize the signs sooner and get help.

Also colic. Holy hell, colic. Not sure if I'll be able to survive a second colicy child. Especially while having to deal with a toddler. 

• Options

-I am way more nervous about having a loss this time around.  With DS, I had had one previous loss & I was sure that it was going to be a one time thing...it wasn't :(

-Trying to chase DS around with this 1st Tri exhaustion.

-BIG ONE-- How the crap am I going to chase after DS while I am nursing?? Can someone tell me that? please?!?

-We have ZERO space for another LO.  Well, the LO won't take up much room, but all the baby crap does (and I mean baby gear, not literally baby crap. Although, there is a lot of crap too).  We are planning to build a house on a 1 acre lot that we own, but it won't be ready for months after the baby is born.

-Adjusting to having absolutely no time for myself.  Right now, I can read or get on the computer while DS is napping or playing by himself. That will go out the window when this one gets here.

• Options
    sam19sam19 member
    imagerobbins110808:

-Adjusting to having absolutely no time for myself.  Right now, I can read or get on the computer while DS is napping or playing by himself. That will go out the window when this one gets here.

You must forget how proficient we can be at one handed typing. ;) N was a colic baby so she was in my arms 24/7 and I was still online (probably too much). 

• Options
    -the epi not working fully again/tearing and stitches -no family close by -being exhausted -DD feeling less attention -biggest worrying about the new LO being healthy ( this is a high risk pregnancy to begin with, which means closer monitoring, but the fear is always going to linger)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChicaT415:
    imageErinKD:

definitely this and a lot of other things that were mentioned above.Also...

- I had a very easy labor/delivery/pregnancy with ds and I'm scared this one is going to be horrible.

- I work in a school and had a month off before DS was born, this time I will be working until the end... not sure how I will handle that plus exhaustion toward the end.

- Just remembering in general how to take care of a newborn and going through all the stages again.

The biggest thing is definitely how ds with adjust and handling them both while keeping up with work, cleaning, and heading out of the house with 2! 

This. I had 2 weeks off before Ella came. It was nice and relaxing!

• Options

- The sleepless nights!!!! I was not prepared. And I don't even require that much sleep

- Getting this kid to nap independently. I held/wore DD for naps for a long awhile because she would NOT nap otherwise, but I'm pretty sure her running around screaming will not be relaxing for the new kid

- Breastfeeding/mastitis/thrush: We had a horrific start complete with ER visit for an IV and over the first few months I had 3 mastitis cases and 2 very looooong yeast ordeals. UGH

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagerobbins110808:

-BIG ONE-- How the crap am I going to chase after DS while I am nursing?? Can someone tell me that? please?!?

Get a sling or a wrap, STAT!! I'm expecting that to save my life, it better pan out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Most of my fears have been mentioned:

* 1st trimester exhaustion with a toddler/the first month of school started

* People's reaction (this will be my 3rd consecutive year of not working the whole school year---I took unpaid leave last fall after DS was born)

* Hemorrhoids (already having an issue with these)

* Deciding between VBAC or RCS

* Jealousy

* Financial concerns (mainly when both kids have to be in daycare)

* Sleepless nights

* Since this pregnancy was a surprise, I haven't had time to lose as much weight as I wanted before getting pregnant again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"