Multiples

Glider for twins?

I'm thinking I would love a glider, and just started looking online. What gliders do you have? Are there any that are wide enough to hold or breastfeed twins at the same time? Or do you just use the glider with one baby at a time? Our nursery is pretty big, so I'm having two cribs, changing table/dresser and a twin bed in there. I figured I could sit on the bed to tandem breastfeed, but thought a glider would be nice. Thanks.
TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
**P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Glider for twins?

• I have the Quinn from Best Chairs' Storytime series. It was the widest one we could find. I can sit in it with the my breast friend twin pillow comfortably & I've held my 2 year old niece & my 3 month old nephew in it at the same time and there was plenty of room.

I'm guessing I'll probably tandem feed on the couch or in bed, but I know the glider will get lots of use! We got it in a neutral fabric and put it in our living room, I've already spent a ton of time in it & love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsLoos:

I have the Quinn from Best Chairs' Storytime series. It was the widest one we could find. I can sit in it with the my breast friend twin pillow comfortably & I've held my 2 year old niece & my 3 month old nephew in it at the same time and there was plenty of room.

I'm guessing I'll probably tandem feed on the couch or in bed, but I know the glider will get lots of use! We got it in a neutral fabric and put it in our living room, I've already spent a ton of time in it & love it!

I also have the Quinn (and also in a neutral fabric that matches our LR).  I LOVE it, it's so comfy.  Right now it's in our MBR and we have a small couch in the nursery.  We decided to move the glider out and a couch in so that DH and I could sit in there together and hold a baby.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageAussie*s_Mom:
    imageMrsLoos:

I have the Quinn from Best Chairs' Storytime series. It was the widest one we could find. I can sit in it with the my breast friend twin pillow comfortably & I've held my 2 year old niece & my 3 month old nephew in it at the same time and there was plenty of room.

I also have the Quinn (and also in a neutral fabric that matches our LR).  I LOVE it, it's so comfy.  Right now it's in our MBR and we have a small couch in the nursery.  We decided to move the glider out and a couch in so that DH and I could sit in there together and hold a baby.  

Toooo funny I have the Quinn too! Got it for 2 reasons- wide enough to hold 2 kids & also tall enough that MH was comfy in it & could rest his head back. LOVE IT! NEver BFed kids tandem in it (I only BFed for 2 weeks) but my kids are now 2 and I sit easily with both on my lap to read to them, etc still.

I will say though, in retrospect I wish I had gotten one that reclines, it would have been great at the end of pregnancy and also for the many many nights I fell asleep holding them. 

• We got a recliner, which fit our budget much better! Its extra wide and worked perfect for our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have the PBK Eco Comfort Glider - the original one.  I think they have one now that's smaller and a bit cheaper.

All 3 of us can still fit in the chair comfortably.  We also have the ottoman.  It was pricey- but worth every penny.  My MIL wanted to buy us a glider for my shower gift.  DH told her the one he was going to buy.  It was expensive, so she just gave us a check for part of the amount.  Worked out well!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A glider for rocking them, absolutely. A glider for the purpose of tandem nursing?  Not unless you plan to always have someone there to hand you babies.  :(  This was my dilemma when I was pregnant too and a lot of tandem nursing Mom's talked me out of it.  I'm so glad I didn't get one!  We have a recliner that rocks in the living room and I sit there if I want to rock the babies (one or both). 

For nursing what has worked best for me is the sofa.  I tried the bed a few times but it just wasn't as comfortable and I felt like the babies were slidding away from me!  On the sofa you can set the babies to your side, get positioned and then grab each baby and position them on the pillow. Then you can burp them and set them to the side again and then get up to change them or do whatever.  I have the EZ2 nurse pillow and I tandem nurse 99% of the time and I find this works best.  When I'm not at home I usually use someone's recliner and I have to have someone bring me the babies and take them so I can get up. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"