Success after IF
Options

Formula recs for a gassy baby?

I am pumping and formula feeding, but I really don't get much breastmilk so I mostly formula feed.  For the last 4 days our little guy has been really gassy and it seems to coincide with the formula feedings.  Can anyone recommend a good formula for gassy babies?  Right now we are using Similac Advance.  Thanks
TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula recs for a gassy baby?

• Options

We ended up using Similac Sensitive for Fussiness and Gas - the ready to use kind. Some will say there is no difference in the powder and the ready to feed kind but, my kid would disagree. We switched form Similac Advanced. 

We also changed bottles to the Playtex VentAire. 

Oh my gosh! Your LO is soooo beautiful! What an adorable pic! 

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Another Similiac Sensitive for Fussiness and Gas here! Our DS had really bad gas issues and now that we switched him to that, he's doing really well. I like how the formula is still milk based and it's similar to the Similac Advanced that our DD is still using. I also have to supplement with formula because my pumped milk (usually 45-50 oz a day) can't keep up with their consumption. Their bottles are 4.0oz breastmilk and 2.0oz formula.

We also switched bottles. Per our lactation consultant, we went from the Nuk Slow Flow to The First Years Breastflow and that seems to have helped out too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

although it's been a long time, I do recall switching to playtex dropins, and gripe water and milicon (sp?) drops at most feeds.  She too had mostly BM but some formula. I didn't want to switch formula unless the drops didn't work.  He's still in the early phase of his digestive system starting up and working right... no sudden moves ;-)

GL!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  We are feeding mostly formula because my milk started to dry up when I was re-admitted to the hospital after he was born.  I have been trying to produce more by pumping, but it's not really working.  I'm lucky if I get 7-10 oz of BM per day at this point, which is sad, but I'm taking what I can get.
    TTC since 8/2004
  • Options
    What kind of bottles are you using? It could be that is the cause! Also, when my little guy had that issues they suggested having him more upright when feeding, it did help! Some say RTF formula helps prevent gas too! I would try other things first before changing his formula!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebrowneyedgrl4282:
    What kind of bottles are you using? It could be that is the cause! Also, when my little guy had that issues they suggested having him more upright when feeding, it did help! Some say RTF formula helps prevent gas too! I would try other things first before changing his formula!

We're using Avent bottles.   We also have some Born Free bottles, but they're bigger so I haven't started using them yet.

What's RTF formula?

TTC since 8/2004
  • Options
    imageYellow_Daisy:

imagebrowneyedgrl4282:

We're using Avent bottles.   We also have some Born Free bottles, but they're bigger so I haven't started using them yet.

What's RTF formula?

Ready To Feed

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Switching formula isn't an option for us since our little guy needs special formula but it does make him very gassy. We use the Dr. Brown's bottles because he also has reflux and we use the generic version of mylicon religiously.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"