3rd Trimester

Baby shower question

I just had my baby shower with all of my girl friends and I have one friend that either didnt have her gift recorded by my host or didnt get a gift at all. I am writing thank you's and I do not want to insult her if she did get me something but I dont want to thank her for getting me something if she didnt? I truly dont mind about the gift but I do want to thank her for coming. What do i Do? Please any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks ladies!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby shower question

• Is there an unaccounted for gift?  Go through everything and count how many you have versus how many are listed, if there is an extra then that's it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Unfortunately my hostess generalized the gifts and just put bath soaps and lotions etc. so nothing specific for each person, no quantities etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there a card somewhere from her?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sytomsytom member
    I would thank her for her presence and say that her being there meant a lot and that you are happy she was there to share this milestone with you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• i would write something like this....'thank you so much for sharing in my special day, it means so much to have you celebrate with us during this exciting time in our lives.'

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I agree go through the gifts again and see if anything is unaccounted for.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • If it doesn't seem awkward, you could ask your hostess if she remembers a gift from your friend.  That way, you could at least write a generalized thank you for your "gift" even if you can't write thank you for the ______ .  If all else fails, just thank her for coming.

ETA: You may want to wait a week to write her note.  Maybe she had the gift sent to your house.

• imagejonnygurl76:

i would write something like this....'thank you so much for sharing in my special day, it means so much to have you celebrate with us during this exciting time in our lives.'

Yes 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Maybe ask another friend that may know that you can comfortably ask in a polite way.
  • imagebhw5660:

If it doesn't seem awkward, you could ask your hostess if she remembers a gift from your friend.  That way, you could at least write a generalized thank you for your "gift" even if you can't write thank you for the ______ .  If all else fails, just thank her for coming.

ETA: You may want to wait a week to write her note.  Maybe she had the gift sent to your house.

• imagejonnygurl76:

i would write something like this....'thank you so much for sharing in my special day, it means so much to have you celebrate with us during this exciting time in our lives.'

Totally agree.  Even if she did not give a gift, it is still nice to thank her for showing up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagestabil19:
    Maybe ask another friend that may know that you can comfortably ask in a polite way.

This!  Maybe if she came with someone else or is good friends with someone else there, you can find out if she at least walked in with a gift and that will give you a better idea.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejonnygurl76:

I agree with this.  =0)  

Bobby and Jules Est. 07-12-2008. We welcomed Nolan 08-20-2011. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had this same issue with a "missing" wedding gift - a friend and her husband definitely came but there was no gift or card or anything from them. I wrote a thank you note saying "thank you for sharing our day with us" and didn't mention anything about a gift and it worked out just fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"