April 2012 Moms
Options

severe cramps

Oww! I have severe cramps that kept me up all night long.  I still have them now.  Very worried.  My Dr. won't see me till 8 weeks.  Not sure what to do. No spotting or bleeding, just really bad cramps. I think the cramps should be gone by now. I had dull cramps for 3 days then nothing the past couple of days and now BAM!  Hoping this is a pregnancy sign and not a mc sign. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: severe cramps

• Options
    When I was pregnant with DD I got cramps but I don't remember them being that severe. First thing I would do is drink tons of water, in pregnancy water cures a lot. Your body has crazy reactions when it even slightly dehydrated. If that doesn't help I would call your doctor back they may be able to give you some more advice. (or at least calm any worries)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes - drink a lot of water and take it easy. If they continue I would call your doctor. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had fairly horrible cramps last night . They were gone all day yesterday but last night they woke me up out of a dead sleep. Now I just have some very slight aching . My dr reassured me as long as there is no blood or spotting it's ok . I hope both ours stop soon ! I poas this am just to make me feel better and the test line came up before the control so hopefully that means good things .
  • Options
    I hope everything is ok for you!  My doc won't see me either til 6-8 weeks but the triage nurse I spoke to when I made my appt said that cramps that felt like menstrual cramps were normal and nothing to worry about.  But she said if they were severe OR accompanied by any bleeding to give them a call.  Maybe you could just call the doc's office for peace of mind if nothing else?  That's what they are there for.  Sending T&P your way - I know every twinge makes me scared, too. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    It could be nothing but just to be on the safe side I'd say stay off your feet as much as possible and make your SO pamper you. :) Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

Thank you everyone! I realized that I am not drinking enough water.  I need to increase my water intake.  I am feeling better now than I was last night even with just drinking 3 glasses of water so far today.  I have been relaxing today and reading What to Expect.  Cramps are now just very dull which makes my nerves subside.  I think I will call the Dr's office tomorrow when they open if I have severe cramps tonight. 

I'm not usually one to worry, but I swore this morning AF was going to show up today. Just praying for a sticky baby and no major complications. Thanks guys! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMattsgirl2121:
    I had fairly horrible cramps last night . They were gone all day yesterday but last night they woke me up out of a dead sleep. Now I just have some very slight aching . My dr reassured me as long as there is no blood or spotting it's ok . I hope both ours stop soon ! I poas this am just to make me feel better and the test line came up before the control so hopefully that means good things .

I hope you are feeling better soon too! These cramps suck! 

• Options

My main symptom, so far, has been cramps. i was sleeping at a hotel last night after a cousins wedding, and I kept waking up in the middle of the night with pretty severe cramps/ twitching. It was freezing in our room, and I think beign so tense trying to keep warm made them worse.??? They are definitely scary though! Praying for us all!

BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"