Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Please recommend your sling

I am finally getting around to buying one, just not sure what to get.  Is it even worth it to get one at this point?  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please recommend your sling

• Options
    Of course it is! What are you looking for? Something to use for around the house, long walks, etc. DO you want versatility? Or something simple like a "backpack style"?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

I've had a pouch sling since DD was born, but just purchased a ring sling  yesterday. I love it!  DD was getting too big to carry cradle in the pouch, so being able to adjust the ring sling is great!  I asked my friend who does babywearing classes about ring slings and she said, "As far as brand names go, you can't go wrong with the tried & true Maya Wrap. I've also really liked the Sleeping Baby sling I have. Some things to look for in a good sling: bigger rings (minimum of 2.5" diameter), wide shoulders, not too much fabric (30" wide is more than sufficient), a sturdy fabric (like a heavy linen) or two layers of a thinner fabric."

Hope that helps! 

BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MnM217MnM217 member

I want something to use so I can free up my hands while doing stuff around the house, maybe something she can sit on my hip with.  Might also use while shopping instead of lugging her around in her car seat.  I saw the munchkin jelly bean sling at target but didn't want to buy it w/o hearing some reviews. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had 2 from Sleeping Baby Productions and LOVE them!  The first one I got for $23 used off of theBabyWearer FSOT and I loved it so much that I bought a wrap conversion from her new.  It is amazing and she is wonderful to work with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a Maya ring sling and love it! DD is actually fast asleep in it now-we are at the airport. We have been travelling and sight seeing for a couple of days now and I don't know how we would have done it without the RS! She is about 18 lbs now and I still find it really comfortable to carry her in for hours at a time. It was a little tricky to get the hang of putting her in/out at first, but now it just takes seconds. I use my RS way more than my Mei tai or Beco these days!
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My linen ring sling from Sleeping Baby Productions is my go to carrier. I have a jelly bean sling and it was fine when Nate was smaller but at this point I needed something bigger. He's a big boy and the ring sling is more adjustable. We have a bjorn that hubby likes too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a Peanut Shell, which is a pouch sling, and love it! These days Max is in a kangaroo carry, and I've also tried a hip carry.

If you're looking for even more versatility, I'd suggest a wrap like the Wrapsody Bali Breeze. It's super lightweight and can be used for years. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I used my sister in law's Boba Carrier this weekend and have to now get one.  Love it.
  • Options

I LOVE my Maya.  It's by far the most used of all of my baby wearing gear.  Don't get me wrong, the Ergo is great too but I grab the Maya more frequently because it's really simple to put on and off and take LO in and out of if he's getting fussy in the stroller or shopping cart.

HTH! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't these slings just go across one shoulder?  Doesn't that leave the weight unbalanced and start becoming uncomfortable?  (Leaving my heavy purse on one shoulder can start to hurt, let alone my 21 pounder!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageEric&Abby:

Don't these slings just go across one shoulder?  Doesn't that leave the weight unbalanced and start becoming uncomfortable?  (Leaving my heavy purse on one shoulder can start to hurt, let alone my 21 pounder!)

You spread the fabric across your back to distribute the weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"