Multiples

Anyone go off IV Mag and NOT go into labor?

Hi Ladies,

It is looking like I am in the home stretch now as they are officially turning off the IV Mag on Friday (when I am 34 weeks- yes, ticker is off by 2 days).  My OB wants me to have a 2nd round of steroid shots Wed/Thurs (got 1st round ~ 31 weeks) and then they will watch me for 24 hrs to see what happens.

I can't help but thinking that I may get to meet these little guys this weekend (as they have tried going down on the Mag from 3 mg/hr to 2.5 mg/hr 3 different times, and with each attempt contractions pick right up again).  I was 2 cm dilated & 50% effaced when I was admitted 2 weeks ago, but they haven't checked me since for fear of "stirring the pot".  Also, FWIW they did a growth u/s Fri and they were measuring ~ 5 lbs 1 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz, so they are doing great, I just think their "apartment" aka my irritable ute is trying to kick them out Tongue Tied

Just curious if any of you out there came off Mag and did not go into labor???

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone go off IV Mag and NOT go into labor?

• Me!  I was admitted for pre-term labor  contractions at 31 weeks and was on Mag and given steroid shots.  Everything quieted down, I was released to home bedrest and delivered at 35 weeks 4 days.  GOOD LUCK, those are great estimated weights.
  • Me!  I was on it at 27 weeks and delivered at 37 weeks!  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on it for 2 days at about 26 weeks. No labor after, but I was sent home on oral meds too, which kept things quiet.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • me too..  i was put on hospitalized bed rest at 25w4days ..put on mag for 48 hours..and things really quieted down now..im at 27 weeks..but looking forward to hanging til 34 weeks.. :)
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Me too!  I had a short hospital stay (3 days) during week 25 and had 2.5 days of magnesium (not nice stuff).  I'm currently at 34 weeks and counting...  good luck and keeping them cooking even though I'm sure you're uncomfortable (like me).
  • Me too! at 31 weeks I went into PTL and was 3 cms dilated and was on mag for 3 days to get the steroids a chance to work.

It stopped ctx, I went home on strict bedrest taking no other meds (she gave me oral procardia but I never took it), and had my girls at 37.5 weeks when my water broke! 

Good luck! 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"