June 2011 Moms

wwyd?

We have a hand-me-down travel system. It's still in good shape, not under any recall and has not expired. There is only one problem. The canopy for the carrier is missing. Solution: I made one. New problem: it is attached to the handles. In the car, we just put the bar down to get air to her. However, what do we do when she starts really liking the toys attached to the bar? We cant put the bar down or she won't have them. We can't leave it up because she won't get air.

So the question is: does not having a factory canopy warrant buying a new system and/or carrier just so she can play with toys when she is ready?

Any other/better/cheaper suggestions?

Re: wwyd?

• is there a way you can attach toys to the side for car rides?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i wouldn't buy a new carrier for that reason.  hanging toys aren't mandatory.  but then, neither are canopies.  i took the canopies off of both of dd1's (hand-me-down) strollers because the canopies interfered with how the strollers folded.  if it's sunny, dd just wears a broad-brimmed hat.

• Loading the player...
  • It shouldn't matter. You're never supposed to have the bar up while in the car. If there was an accident, it could be a hazard for the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I never put toys on the handle. They all turned out fine :)

If you really want...you can buy a toy bar that goes across... 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemesr:

i wouldn't buy a new carrier for that reason.  hanging toys aren't mandatory.  but then, neither are canopies.  i took the canopies off of both of dd1's (hand-me-down) strollers because the canopies interfered with how the strollers folded.  if it's sunny, dd just wears a broad-brimmed hat.

this.

• Thanks ladies. You are all right. I think the truth is that I really was just looking for an excuse to get a new one. I appreciate mine and the money we saved, but I get jealous of all the new ones I see and their more modern patterns. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"