Cloth Diapering
Options

I have a diaper dilemma....

With my first child, we used disposable diapers. I had actually never tried cloth diapers. My husband and I have talked about cloth diapers, and so Im considering it. The dilemma is that we live in apartments. These apartments don't allow washer and dryer. I.E. we have to go to the laundry mat to get our laundry done. 

Can someone honestly tell me the differences, besides saving hundreds of dollars? 

Any opinions on my current situation? I would really appreciate at it. Thanks ladies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I have a diaper dilemma....

• Options
    I would just get a portable washer and then line dry
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options

As far as washing, it depends on how close you are to the laundromat and how often you want to go...There would be no way I would CD without a washer in my house, and I'm not even sure how much you would save money wise to have to pay for each load! 

Is there a diaper service in your area~ if you really want to do cloth, you could look into that (and it still should be cheaper than disposables!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well we only live about 5-10 min from the laundry mat. So it's not too far away. But right now I don't have to go but once every two weeks. 

I live in a small tri county area, so I've not heard of any type of cloth diaper service. That would be massively helpful if there was.

I mean you think, disposables are expensive. My daughter had and still does have really sensitive skin. She could only wear Huggies diapers. everything else broke her out. We tried almost everything, luvs, pampers, parents choice...the list goes on.

So I don't know.... Im moreless worried about the smell and leaks lol 

• Options

imageToastieSimons:
    I would just get a portable washer and then line dry

we're not allowed to have portable washers. Believe me I would have already had one by now. lol 

• Options

umm well you will have to do laundry a LOT more often~ I wash every other day unless we have a bunch of poops one day then I do an extra load.  I guess I would figure out if that is realistic or not with your schedule and with a baby...there are also some sposies that are more gentle- when we have to use them, we use seventh generation and haven't had any problems with those!

ETA~ Forgot to add that you may not save money anyways if you have to pay for each load at the laundromat...

• Options
    Yea, that's kindly what I was wondering. I would love to save money on such things, but it seems because of living sitiuations it would make it reall y hard to do so. especially giong to the laundry mat all the time. And realistically it would be really hard to do that. Especially after the baby is here. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"