December 2010 Moms
Options

Wine club

Hey, isn't tonight supposed to be the wine club night?

What are you up to, and what's in your glass?

Re: Wine club

• Options
    kj07kj07 member

It's a mimosa for me tonight.  I'm eating dinner - leftover salmon, roasted potatoes, and sauteed zucchini.  For desert we're sauteing peaches in brown sugar and rum and eating them over ice cream.  And for entertainment we're watching Stargate Atlantis on Netflix.

What about you?

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imagekj07:

It's a mimosa for me tonight.  I'm eating dinner - leftover salmon, roasted potatoes, and sauteed zucchini.  For desert we're sauteing peaches in brown sugar and rum and eating them over ice cream.  And for entertainment we're watching Stargate Atlantis on Netflix.

What about you?

Dinner sounds good!  Yum to the mimosa. I just finished a drumstick (ice cream) and am cracking open a beer in a sec.  The plan is to start sleep training tonight.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm a little anxious.  My evening entertainment has been alternately surfing Craigs List and staring at the regular monitor and praying she stays asleep.  And we're off. . . . . (as she starts crying). . . .  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

I love drumsticks!  They were always my ice cream truck pick.

We did some sleep training about 6 weeks ago now.  It was pretty rough to go through, but DS really is happier when he sleeps better.

Good luck tonight.  I hope the beer helps. Beer

• Options
    Well, she cried for about 3 minutes, and DH said "well I guess tonight's not the night for me" and picked her up.  Hmm  He's worried she's teething too bad.  But seriously, she's been teething off and on for weeks upon weeks now.  And that's just going to continue.  I'm a little frustrated with the situation. . . . .

• Options
    kj07kj07 member

imagelillerj:
    Well, she cried for about 3 minutes, and DH said "well I guess tonight's not the night for me" and picked her up.  Hmm  He's worried she's teething too bad.  But seriously, she's been teething off and on for weeks upon weeks now.  And that's just going to continue.  I'm a little frustrated with the situation. . . . .

Is he on board before the crying starts?  And are you taking turns getting up with her throughout the night?  I'm a firm believer that both parents should deal with the consequences of decisions.

I don't know how you guys feel about meds, but if he's really worried that she's waking from teething pain, maybe give her a bit of tylenol before bed.  That way you know that the wakings aren't related to it.

• Options
    kj07kj07 member
    imagelvmcc:

Um, yum. That sounds sooooo good.  We just had brats, garlic fries, nectarines and corn.  I was debating about going to the liqour store for margarita fixin's but ended up going to a candy factory store instead.  Nothing to drink to night, but enough Almond Roca(do people outside of WA know what this is?) for a small village.

I just googled Almond Roca - it sounds tasty.

• Options
    I'm drinking a Full Sail limited edition lager, and it is tasty. Perfect for pizza night. ;)
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelillerj:
    Not cool. I agree, try some infant Advil or Tylenol, and then you'll know it's not teething. Your H needs to man up, IMO, and you can tell him I said so. Wink
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nice crisp, slightly tart white that reminds me gotta go refill the glass.

Friggin' academics drive me INSANE!... that is all 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagekj07:

imagelillerj:

Is he on board before the crying starts?  And are you taking turns getting up with her throughout the night?  I'm a firm believer that both parents should deal with the consequences of decisions.

I don't know how you guys feel about meds, but if he's really worried that she's waking from teething pain, maybe give her a bit of tylenol before bed.  That way you know that the wakings aren't related to it.

Chard here!!!!  And I agree on the meds and the sleep training advice.  Everyone will be happier!!!!!

imageimage
  • Options
    Rink08Rink08 member
    As soon as LO goes to sleep, it'll be a nice chilled glass of BellaSera for me. We started moving into our house yesterday and of course nothing has gone as planned (thank you U HAUL...). DS1 took 3 attempts before finally going to sleep and I am beat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"