Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Trunki luggage

Has anyone bought one of these pieces of luggage for your 3 yr. old?  Just wondering how much I can fit in one.  It looks small.  I need to fit enough clothes in it for 3 weeks.  Can it fit that much?

Re: Trunki luggage

• Options

I can't answer your specific question, but wanted to share this piece of advice I received. Apparently, the UK-made ones are much better quality than the US-made ones. Friends of mine IRL have said this to me and I also noticed it on the Amazon reviews.

The problem is that it takes a lot longer to ship here from the UK. I didn't have time to get one for our last big trip, but I'm going to try to order one this fall.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just bought one from amazon about a month back. It is a bit small but my LO had fun with it. I don't think you can fit in enough clothes for 3 weeks. We had gone for a 2 day trip and i had packed about 2 outfits per day plus a few extras but definitely not enough space for a 3 week long trip. Its meant to be used for overnite trips, camps, grandmas's house , sleepovers etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    steverstever member
    imageanna7602:

I can't answer your specific question, but wanted to share this piece of advice I received. Apparently, the UK-made ones are much better quality than the US-made ones. Friends of mine IRL have said this to me and I also noticed it on the Amazon reviews.

The problem is that it takes a lot longer to ship here from the UK. I didn't have time to get one for our last big trip, but I'm going to try to order one this fall.

That's good to know. A friend of mine in the UK recommended it for a trip and I shrugged it off but was thinking of getting one when DS is a bit bigger. Now I might consider getting one from the UK instead.
  • Options
    I love ours.  We have the Gruffalo, but it is from the UK.  They are HUGE over there.  Heathrow airport is full of kids pulling them or being pulled on them.  DS loves his. 
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I think it would fit three weeks of clothing, depending on what you are bringing.  If you are bringing lots of jeans and bulky sweaters, no.  If you are bringing tee shirts, shorts and things like that, yeah.

My daughter LOVES hers.  We pull her on it and she rides on it at home too.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageseemz:
    We just bought one from amazon about a month back. It is a bit small but my LO had fun with it. I don't think you can fit in enough clothes for 3 weeks. We had gone for a 2 day trip and i had packed about 2 outfits per day plus a few extras but definitely not enough space for a 3 week long trip. Its meant to be used for overnite trips, camps, grandmas's house , sleepovers etc.

I agree it is good for a couple of days worth of clothes. I got the one after Melissa & Doug became distributors in the US, and so maybe the UK one is a better size. We mainly use it for carrying an outfit and some on board toys. It's more of a novelty than a functioning suitcase for him.

• Options
    We'd like to buy one too so thanks forth tip. Agreed on the high popularity in the UK-- we were just in London and DD almost stole about 17 of them away from other children o ride on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"