Cloth Diapering

Talk to me about CDing

I am very interested in cloth diapering. Everytime I empty the diaper genie, it makes me ashamed to think about all the dozen upon dozen sposies I am putting into landfills.

Tell me what I need to know about it.

How many do I need? where do I get them? how do I wash them? do they come in different sizes? what do you do for on-the-go diaper changes?

TIA!!

1ht

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper

Re: Talk to me about CDing

• Here's the FAQ the board created.

Also, I find this post from the Eco Friendly Family blog to be helpful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like the site www.29diapers.com.  It has a lot of helpful info about washing and such.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the resources! I will get started on my research!
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • The FAQ will answer a lot about types. They come sized or one size. Most people gave to buy online, but you can try googling for a local CD store (typically boutique type places) so you can see some in person.

For traveling we pack a few diapers, some cloth wipes, a squirt bottle of water and a wetbag (zippered bag made with PUL, a waterproof fabric). I actually have a very tiny diaper bag and can bring up to 6 diapers with me.

• There's a review sheet in my siggy with many brands reviewed.

Check out "Cloth Diapering 101" on YouTube.

It's really not hard. A few extra loads of laundry.

• My son is 7 months and I just decided to start CDing too. The ladies above posted some great sites to get you started. I haven't officially started yet b/c I'm still waiting for some diapers and my laundry detergent to arrive, but so far I have (or have bought)  5 Blueberry pockets, 2 Swaddlebee Simplex AIO, BumGenius Elemental AIO, Best Bottoms hybrid system, GroVia AIO and hybrid. My son will still be in sposies at daycare, so I'm thinking about 14 CD's should be enough for us (he goes to DC every other day). Good luck!!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"