April 2011 Moms

Well my cat is a better HPT than most tests...

The day before yesterday, one of my cats who is generally very aloof wouldn't stay off of my lap. I thought it was weird, but didn't think much about it. Yesterday he was even more clingy. Last pg he did this and was like velcro for 9 months. So I took a yest yesterday and thought I might have seen a line, but couldn't see color and you had to turn the test sideways so I assumed (nervously) it was an evap. I took a test this morning, and sure enough... the faintest pink line you've ever seen. I would be 10 dpo today if the OPKs were correct. I haven't had a period yet since Linus was born and it was just a coincidence that I took OPKs on the 2 days I got positives. Welp... here we go again I guess! My first tri fear has returned and I'm cringing at every cramp and ache just knowing that AF will be here. 

Here's the kicker...  I haven't told DH. :/  We're not having problems, per se... but he's really not been helpful with Linus lately and I've just been plain mad at him. Call me incompetent, but I just can't yet take care of Linus all day, clean the house, take care of the cats and horses, do dishes, all the laundry (and put his away since apparently he's allergic to the laundry room), etc. etc. Congrats to those SAHMs who can! Maybe when Linus isn't as needy, but it's just been getting to me. I said "so you're going to let me go to bed early one night this weekend and you'll put linus down, right?" and he just laughed and said "oh ha ha". So I was pissed to say the least. So, our marriage is fine, and we were TTC, not thinking anything would happen. It took 3 years to conceive Linus so we were NOT expecting it to really happen this soon. I'm ECSTATIC to say the least, but I guess I just need some time to process this before I tell him. Plus, last time when I had a super faint pink he didn't believe me until it was darker. :) 

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Well my cat is a better HPT than most tests...

• Sorry the situation with DH isn't is good as you were hoping for, but congrats on your BFP!  I certainly hope he gets it together and becomes more helpful now that you'll be starting pregnancy all over again and will have 2under2!
  • imageLJF1218:
    Sorry the situation with DH isn't is good as you were hoping for, but congrats on your BFP!  I certainly hope he gets it together and becomes more helpful now that you'll be starting pregnancy all over again and will have 2under2!
    Thanks! I think my due date is April 12, so I'm just going to be squeaking in at 2 under 1. EEEEK!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you meet a SAHM that can do all the things you described, I'd like to meet her! When DS was a little younger, I went out for the evening and left DH with a list of a few things I was "hoping" he'd get done. Of course, I was gone for 4 hours and when I came home DS was happy and content with his daddy, but nothing else had gotten done. It gave DH an appreciation for A) how hard it is to get everything done during the day and B) a perspective on why sometimes he comes home and the place is a disaster.

Congrats on your BFP!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kje120kje120 member
    Wow - congratulations! And I hope your husband starts to help out more :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!  Hope you are able to share your exciting news with DH soon and things get a little bit easier. 
  • NannaNanna member

I've BTDT with the clueless, helpless DH.  The only way I can stay sane (and get him to realize what I need him to help with) is to very clearly ASK him.  "Can you please do the dishes while I go give the baby a bath?  While I put the baby to bed can you please get the stuff from the washer and put it in the dryer for me?"  It feels like I'm directing my toddler, but it works.  Anyways, I really hope you and DH can get on a better page, because baby #2 definitely does add to the stress of trying to manage a home!

Big, huge congrats to you. I wish you a very safe and easy pregnancy with #2!!!! 

imageimageimage
  • I hope we won't completely lose you to the April '12 board.

Congratulations!! :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Congrats on the pregnancy and it happening so much faster this time around. 
    Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats. I have to say I'm kinda jealous. Glad to hear your DH got on board with TTC so quickly. I'm thinking of poking holes in some condoms too!

I wanted two a year apart b/c of my age but b/c of my c-section, my dr. said I needed to wait a year b/f TTC.  So I'm stuck waiting till next April! 

• imagebiblionerd:
    imageLJF1218:
    Sorry the situation with DH isn't is good as you were hoping for, but congrats on your BFP!  I certainly hope he gets it together and becomes more helpful now that you'll be starting pregnancy all over again and will have 2under2!
    Thanks! I think my due date is April 12, so I'm just going to be squeaking in at 2 under 1. EEEEK!

Wow, congrats! Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and your DH steps up soon. I am having a hell of a time keeping up around the house with a LO. Happy my hubby helps but wish he did more Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecc153:

I wanted two a year apart b/c of my age but b/c of my c-section, my dr. said I needed to wait a year b/f TTC.  So I'm stuck waiting till next April! 

huh, I guess all docs are different! I had a c/s and my Dr. said she wants the actual deliveries a year apart!
  • Omg! I'm *so* excited for you :-) I can't believe you have a BFP already!

I was just thinking of how you and I were among the Bumpies who were posting the most "pregnancy is hell, what was I thinking?!?!" posts, and then I saw your "awww....I want another one" post, and now, here you are!

Please keep us updated so I can live vicariously through you--since I'm at least 3-4 years off if I ever do this again at all. I hope your DH starts helping out more. If I lived closer, I could use some quality horse time, and you know I'm in love with Lily just from her pics (Sorry I'm spacing on your other horse's name.). HUGS!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•  

My Dr. said my uterus could rupture and possibly kill me and the baby if the scar isn't completely healed.  I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and that your husband turns around quickly since 2 under 1 is definitely going to be harder. Do you have any names picked out? 

• imageRunningGal900:

If you meet a SAHM that can do all the things you described, I'd like to meet her! When DS was a little younger, I went out for the evening and left DH with a list of a few things I was "hoping" he'd get done. Of course, I was gone for 4 hours and when I came home DS was happy and content with his daddy, but nothing else had gotten done. It gave DH an appreciation for A) how hard it is to get everything done during the day and B) a perspective on why sometimes he comes home and the place is a disaster.

Congrats on your BFP!

Me too!

And congrats!  That is really exciting news. 

• Holy smokes! Congrats!
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Wow! Congrats!  My DH jokes all the time about making sure we don't join the April 2012 board.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • How exciting!I think your husband needs some perspective. It's not easy doing what we do!
  • Congrats!!
  • Congratulations!  Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!
  • Wow!! Congratulations--that is so, so exciting! I fantasize about another baby ALL of the time but we are definitely years away from being able to manage that. Keep us updated on how your pregnancy goes!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats on your BFP!!! And like other PP said...if you meet a SAHM that can do all that with a first kiddo at 3 months...let me know! This new parent stuff isn't easy! I hope your H picks up the slack soon...you'll need the extra help!
  • Thanks so much everyone! I'm telling DH tonight when he gets home from work. I'm hoping I can get this little onesie finished to put on Linus. It's a big elephant and little elephant and says "Big brother to be" underneath. I only have the elephants done right now though. :) The line got darker today and I had him watch Linus yesterday and did some running around yesterday for a while for some "me time"... and to pick up more tests and PNVs. :) He took care of Linus pretty much all day yesterday so it seems like he's at least trying. 
  • I agree with the PP if you find someone who can do all that and is still sane I will give them a medal or a psychiatric evaluation.

Congrats on your BFP.  That's scary and Exciting for you!   I hear you on the dh front.  I am trying a job chart.  I will post it and check off all of the things that I get done in a day and then DH has asked me to write specific things that I need him to do on a white board so hopefully we can both get organized and get it together!!

• Congratulations! Linus is such a doll!! He's going to be a great big brother!
  • Congrats!  This very same thing happened to me last year, and here I am with 4mo old and 16mo old DDs.  It is hard work, but you will do great I am sure!
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"