September 2011 Moms

I'm being a total bio...ch and can't help it!!

I had my DD at the beach and in the ocean all day so I'm exhausted. I wanted to make dinner easy on SO (a chef) so I said steak, sauteed peppers/onions/mushrooms and corn. This is seriously a 15 minute meal for him but 45 minutes later we still aren't eating. He had to go get all fancy with dinner and all I wanted was something simple.

I know I'm being cranky and I should be thankful to have a nice meal but instead I'm being a crabby-pants. What's worse, I can't stop myself!! I swear I'm trying.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed a yummy dinner.

Re: I'm being a total bio...ch and can't help it!!

• I know what you mean. I get so frustrated with DH sometimes. He takes something so simple (a frozen pizza) and flucks it all up. I was like IT'S A FROZEN PIZZA, JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. Grrr. But I bit my tongue.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• The thing is I hardly ever eat meat and decided on steak because I could have the sauteed peppers/onion/mushrooms without him complaining. Instead he made this mixture of thinly cut peppers and mushrooms mixed with the corn and some kind of sauce to put over rice. It was good but totally not what I wanted/asked for!

Okay, I'm done venting. I'll just have to make what I want later this week when he's at work.

• Loading the player...
  • imageAmanda&EricB:
    I know what you mean. I get so frustrated with DH sometimes. He takes something so simple (a frozen pizza) and flucks it all up. I was like IT'S A FROZEN PIZZA, JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. Grrr. But I bit my tongue.

Oh my gosh, DH does this too.  I'll ask him to put something in the oven and he will be like "What temperature should I set the oven too?"  I don't know, look on the box!! Do I have the settings for every piece of food that goes into the oven imprinted in my brain?!  NO!  I swear sometimes men make things into a big ordeal just so we won't ask them to it ever again because by the time they are done it would have just been easier to do it ourselves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't even remember the last time DH even offered to make dinner!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can totally relate to this my dh worked as a chef back in the day and likes to take forever to cook sometimes. It turns out amazing but I don't care and just want to eat. I'm not very nice when hungry.
  • imagemarie_0907:
    I can't even remember the last time DH even offered to make dinner!
    This.. H doesnt make dinner often and when he does its usually burgers or manwhich something way easy.. He cant even make spaghetti I dont know what the man did before I met him..
  • imageCariBriel:

imageAmanda&EricB:
    I know what you mean. I get so frustrated with DH sometimes. He takes something so simple (a frozen pizza) and flucks it all up. I was like IT'S A FROZEN PIZZA, JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. Grrr. But I bit my tongue.

Oh my gosh, DH does this too.  I'll ask him to put something in the oven and he will be like "What temperature should I set the oven too?"  I don't know, look on the box!! Do I have the settings for every piece of food that goes into the oven imprinted in my brain?!  NO!  I swear sometimes men make things into a big ordeal just so we won't ask them to it ever again because by the time they are done it would have just been easier to do it ourselves.

I'm not the only one!! I thought DH as just a total ditz but I guess all men want women their lives to hold thier hands while they do something really easy. It doesn't stop there though, any instructions are ignored and he defers to me as if I know how to do everything. The only way I know things is by reading the darned instructions! 

And as for the OP-- Sorry the chef got all creative on you, seems a like well-intentioned move that went terribly wrong.  I'm all for some pepper steak. Make it and send a hearty portion my way. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"