High-Risk Pregnancy

If you were on Lovenox and switched to Heparin...

I am on 40mg once a day of Lovenox.  I am switching over to Heparin now and the prescription calls for 1cc (5000units) twice a day.

Last pregnancy I was on half that amount...I did two shots a day but 1/2cc each shot.

I called the nurse and asked and she said it sounds right but couldn't give me a reason why it is double what I did last time...so I still feel unsure.  Does that seem right to you?

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011

Re: If you were on Lovenox and switched to Heparin...

• I switched to 5000 units 2x a day as well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • I was on the same dose - 5,000 units, twice a day
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I switch in about a week and I will go from 60mg Lovenox to 10,000 units/1cc of Heparin twice a day.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    July 2007 m/c 6 weeks
    November 2010 m/c 7 weeks 1 day
    MTHFR (Compound hetero with copies of A & C)
  • ::lurking from 2IF::

Did you ladies take aspirin, lovenox or nothing before you even got a BFP?  I am on aspirin right now daily before I even get another BFP but I have lost 2 pregnancies since starting it and I kind of wonder if I need more aggressive blood thinner pre-BFP. 

Just wondering.  I am compound hetero for MTHFR and have a history of recurrent pregnancy loss.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on Heparin before we knew my insurance covered Lovenox.  I was on 5,000 units of Heparin (1/2 cc) twice a day.  Now I'm on Lovenox 40 mg daily.  I think Heparin only comes in 10,000 units/ml vials, so that would mean you'd need 1/2 cc for 5,000 units.  The 1 cc seems high, like you'd be giving yourself 10,000 units twice a day instead of 5,000 units twice a day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"