3rd Trimester

XP Unsuccessful Version

So.. I went in this morning for my version. I was trying to stay very positive. They gave me an IV with fluids and monitored me and the baby for about an hour. After they saw everything looked good they gave me a shot to relax my muscles and fentynol for pain. I almost turned it down because I was thinking I could handle the pain. THANK GOD I didnt.

They started the procedure and it was the most pain I have ever felt. I felt like I couldnt breathe. They tried two ways to turn her and all in all the procedure probably lasted 10 minutes. My H was so supportive during this time. He was amazing. After they stopped and told me she wasnt going to move I broke down crying. I felt defeated and drugged up and I just couldnt believe it or hold back. 

The docotrs left the room while the nurse finished cleaning me up and monitoring me. My h was wiping my tears away and just telling me how he loved me and said everything will be ok. My doctor came back with her c section date. August 9th. Which happens to be my step mom's birthday. I feel a little indifferent about that but whatever..

While I was there I was told I was having irregular contractions. Some 10 minutes apart some 5. Some I felt but most I did not feel. I am also starting to lose pieces of my MP so I hope I naturally go into labor before the 9th.  Whatever ends up happening they will check her position before they proceed with a c section.. So that makes me happy. I do very much think she is content in her postion though.

So now.. I am just laying around.. About to take some tylenol. I am so tender and I feel like my stomach is bruised. For those of you who are thinking about doing this.. I still would of done it...even after I have been through it. It was worth a try.. even though I feel a bit defeated now. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP Unsuccessful Version

• I'm so sorry that it wasn't successful and that you're looking at what you're viewing as your less favorable option.  I hope that she somehow turns on her own; not sure the likelihood, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I also hope that you lose the feeling of defeat and enjoy your last week or so of pregnancy.  Chin up!

Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bummer... 

Well, I am schduled for August 9th as well... for the same darn reason!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am trying to educate myself on c section recovery and come to terms with everything. I have learned that you cant plan everything in life.. Sometimes you cant control everything :( I had this beautiful med free birth plan... Lol Just trying to keep my chin up like you said.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStefaniePace:
    I am trying to educate myself on c section recovery and come to terms with everything. I have learned that you cant plan everything in life.. Sometimes you cant control everything :( I had this beautiful med free birth plan... Lol Just trying to keep my chin up like you said.

I am so sorry that it didn't work and you are going to have the opposite birth you had hoped for.  I had a c-sect. w/ my son and it wasn't easy, that's for sure, but it wasn't as bad as i was expecting.   your husband sounds amazing so i'm sure he will be a big help when you get home w/ your daughter and you can take the first few weeks nice and easy. good luck!  

imageimage

• imageStefaniePace:
    I am trying to educate myself on c section recovery and come to terms with everything. I have learned that you cant plan everything in life.. Sometimes you cant control everything :( I had this beautiful med free birth plan... Lol Just trying to keep my chin up like you said.

i had planned for a med free birth with DD and found out the day before that she was still transverse and my DR scheduled my c sect for the following morning!!  i wish i had had a week to come to terms with it and do my research, it all happened so fast.  it is uncontrollable and you did all that you could.  try not to feel defeated, a healthy baby and healthy mom are the main goal!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • oh no...I was waiting for your results to be positive. I am so sorry. I am still on the fence about doing it too. It just doesnt seem to fit into our schedule with my ds bday coming this week. I dont want to take away from him. So, I think I may pass on it and just try some other means to move the baby (and a little praying too). I don't feel very optimistic though. Here's to  hoping our babies find their way to the light...head down!!
  • I was planning to go as med free as possible, too. I planned to share the birth with not only DH, but my best friend. She was looking forward to it...So much for that.  But, in the theory of 'everything happens for a reason' I'll just go with the flow. We can't change everything. I hear having the c section planned, vs laboring and pushing and then going c section, is far easier. It could be worse.

Just like you said...keep your chin up! Stay postive! Everything will be ok!

• MereBMereB member

When pregnant with my son, my worst fear came true too: that I would go through a long labor just to end up in a C/S.  To me, I wish I knew before that I would either have a vaginal birth, or a C/S- and not experience both.  A possible C/S was always there since I had placenta previa (moved the last 3 weeks).  My OB really wanted me to try vaginal, but honestly by that point I had prepped for either so I was fine.  

Well, when my labor lasted for over 3 days and then I ended up with a C/S, I would've cut the baby out myself after 1 day.  I look forward to knowing I never have to go through a horrific labor again. . . 2.5 years later and I'm still traumatized!  I was exhausted from having such a hard, long labor, so I look forward to having this baby rested (or as rested as I can get).  

Your husband sounds great, and one of my favorite things about having a C/S was my husband getting a crash course in parenting (I had years of experience babysitting/working in nurseries, while he had no experience).  Because my mobility was limited, it allowed him to learn basic infant care without me looking over his shoulder constantly.  The nurses were great and showed him everything.  It was really special to see him caring so wonderfully for our son (and for me), and I know he loved being able to finally care for our baby.  I think he also liked being able to teach me some things (like caring for the circumcision during diaper changes, etc).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"