October 2011 Moms
Options

I have to sleep like this for 12 more weeks??

I can only sleep on my left side these days. Sleeping on my back and stomach are clearly off limits bc it hurts, and now sleeping on my right side is uncomfortable (why is that??) Its really annoying to have to sleep in the same position all night, every night. Sometimes I try rolling over to my right side and end up rolling back over due to being uncomfortable.

Anyone else at this point??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have to sleep like this for 12 more weeks??

• Options
    Yup.  Sucks.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    right there with you......welcome to 3rd tri. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm mainly sleeping on my sides, though I still wake up on my back sometimes, I always regret it b/c that makes my lower back ache like no other!  The thing that's been bugging me is that awful sensation of my uterus "flopping" over heavily when I change sides, ugh it's such a weird feeling! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been staying on my left side for a while now. I used to switch between right and left, but laying on my right makes me feel short of breath and it starts up BH contractions. Try a Snoogle or pregnancy pillow. I use two regular pillows up against my back, one under my head and one between my knees.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I can only sleep in an inclined position.  I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel & ulnar nerve compression and if I'm on my side my hands fall painfully asleep.  It is what it is and of course it's worth it...but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to being able to sleep how I'd like and without pain.  Oh & feeling my fingertips would be great too, they are numb 24/7.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I can sleep mainly on my right only.  I have some weird muscle/back pain when I sleep on my left =(  I miss sleeping on my back and on BOTH sides.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep I roll to right for about an hr then my left for an hr and repeat.  ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  I miss sleeping on my belly and my back.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehappylady07:
    The thing that's been bugging me is that awful sensation of my uterus "flopping" over heavily when I change sides, ugh it's such a weird feeling! 

Yeah, I feel a little bad for LO every time I do that because I feel like I must be driving him crazy all night.

Since my back aches too much to stay in bed for a full night, I've started taking naps in the recliner for an hour or two before bed because it's the only way I can get "enough" sleep right now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yup. I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. No matter which side I lay on, my hip and shoulder hurt after about an hour. I also flip onto my back alot while sleeping, but I wake up from that pretty quick, with my legs hurting. This has been, by far, the most miserable aspect of pregnancy for me so far. I feel like I need to accept the fact that I will not be getting a good night sleep for many years to come. Uggg!
  • Options
    imagelindylogana:
    Yep I roll to right for about an hr then my left for an hr and repeat.  ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  I miss sleeping on my belly and my back.
    This is me. Add in rearranging the pillow between my legs and the pillows on each side of me, it takes forever to get "comfortable" (as if that exists). Then to wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck with hip, leg, and back pain. If I lay off my left side, it feels like I'm laying on LO's head or something because she loves staying on that side. I do miss sleeping on my belly for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I sleep with 4 pillows behind my back and 2 under my knees because, like PP, my arms and hands go to sleep if I lay on either side and I wake up in a lot of pain. Sleeping inclined helps with my indigestion too.

I do have this problem of waking up in pain and out of breath because I've slipped down during the night and am laying nearly flat. That scares me a little but I just hitch myself back up and try again.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I sleep at an incline too. 3 pillows behind me. I try my sides, but my ribs hurt if I do that. Not to mention my hips, knees, hands, shoulders...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am in the same position as you...almost.  About 3 weeks ago, my DD decided that she was scared of the dark and wants to sleep with me every night.  So, I am on my side with a 2 year old snuggled up against me all.night.long.  It is sweet for half the night and then painful because I can't move.  Also, getting kicked from the inside and outside is a not so great sensation.  Two nights ago, DD was okay with sleeping with DH and I in our bed.  I feel this is slightly better, because I know DH was getting lonely. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    StephKStephK member

Add me to the list of women that feels your pain.  I have been having the carpal tunnel/numbness really bad for the past few weeks and the only solution I found was to get braces for my wrists.  Ever since I got one for the worst side (my right), I am sleeping much, much better, on either side.  Before, the pain of my hands falling asleep would wake me up and I couldn't get comfortable to fall back to sleep.

Though, when it isn't my hands, it's my hips.  If I lay on one side for too long, my hips start to ache.  Fun, fun, fun. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehappylady07:
    I'm mainly sleeping on my sides, though I still wake up on my back sometimes, I always regret it b/c that makes my lower back ache like no other!  The thing that's been bugging me is that awful sensation of my uterus "flopping" over heavily when I change sides, ugh it's such a weird feeling! 

Try rolling under instead of over.  That way your belly doesn't have to make it's way all the way over the top while competing with gravity.  It's helped me.

• Options

I'm having a similar problem, but it's my left side that hurts--mainly right under my ribs. I can only sleep on it for a short time, then I have to flip to my right. I was usually a stomach or left side sleeper too, so extra annoying. I've found that the most comfortable position for me these days is inclined, like a pp mentioned--3 pillows so it's kind of like a recliner, or a hospital bed. It's not the best, but I can lay that way longer than any other.

And I agree on the flipping over--I hate it. I will be trying rolling under like LauriJean suggested.

Snuggle.

BFP#1 2/10/11 EDD 10/21/11, Cora born 10/31/11

BFP #2 10/23/13 EDD 7/1/14, MC 11/18/13

BFP#3 4/14/14 EDD 12/26/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"