1st Trimester
Options

My prenatals are expired

Not a big deal right? I took one yesterday and one today. I just can get some tomorrow. I had these from last pregnancy. Gah. I wish they weren't expired. I'm cheap so it hurts me that I"m throwing away almost a whole bottle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12

Re: My prenatals are expired

• Options
    You're using the same prenatals from your pregnancy with a child who was born in 2009 and you didn't know they'd be expired?

Obviously you're not going to die, but c'mon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Options

imagevanillacourage:
    You're using the same prenatals from your pregnancy with a child who was born in 2009 and you didn't know they'd be expired?

Settle down. She said she felt bad throwing them away. No need to be rude.

OP: It's ok that you have taken them but fresher ones will be better for your baby. Just get cheap over the counter for now. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sherpasherpa member

imagevanillacourage:

LOL! Two days ago I went searching for my bottle of lanolin...I don't know if it expires or not but after I started searching I thought, "Ew, I don't want use something on my nipples that I opened over 2 years ago!"  I must have thought of this before because it was nowhere to be found.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member

imagevanillacourage:

Eh, I didn't realize prenatals expired. I'm not a big vitamin taker.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    sherpasherpa member
    imagesam19:

imagevanillacourage:

It's just like with tylenol and any other pills, they lose their effectiveness but it's not going to make a big difference. I am terrible about throwing out expired medicines and supplements. There's a packet of imodium AD in my closet that is missing only one dose, it expired in 2009. Oh well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They wont hurt you, but they lose potency past the expiration date. I feel for you tho, I had to throw a nearly full bottle out as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagesherpa:
    imagesam19:

imagevanillacourage:

It's just like with tylenol and any other pills, they lose their effectiveness but it's not going to make a big difference. I am terrible about throwing out expired medicines and supplements. There's a packet of imodium AD in my closet that is missing only one dose, it expired in 2009. Oh well.

I use expired NSAIDs all the time. Usually it's all I can find in the house and figure there's a better change of the pain going away using expired pills vs. none at all :P

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imagevanillacourage:

Maybe your reading comprehension expired...hee-hee!  All she was saying was that she hates to have wasted them, c'mon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    imageTommysGirl56:

imagevanillacourage:

Maybe your reading comprehension expired...hee-hee!  All she was saying was that she hates to have wasted them, c'mon!

I'm sad that we won't be on the same boards. :( Can we please meet up again before you pop that little sucker out? I'm going to miss your common sense on these boards. 

• Options
    imagesam19:
    imageTommysGirl56:

imagevanillacourage:

I'm sad that we won't be on the same boards. :( Can we please meet up again before you pop that little sucker out? I'm going to miss your common sense on these boards. 

We really do need to make some plans!  We still want to go to the zoo with you two!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"